OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Pennsylvania season over, anyone score?  (Read 1419 times)

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
Pennsylvania season over, anyone score?
« on: May 30, 2020, 06:31:01 PM »
I saw a post on the main forum that said PA ended today. Any of y'all do any good? Anyone still hunting?

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

Online Dr Juice

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Pennsylvania season over, anyone score?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 06:58:18 PM »
NY closes tomorrow and stick a fork in me ... I’m done

Offline Twowithone

• Longbeard
Re: Pennsylvania season over, anyone score?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 08:22:37 PM »
Pa. finished today. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Offline Will

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 10:49:15 PM »
I did not connect. I hunted one day for quite a while and mid day found good sign. Never heard or saw a thing.

Offline Mountainburd

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 02:26:18 PM »
x 2 with what Will said.  Hunted Friday evening but got chased out by storms.  Saturday was absolutely beautiful weather.  Hit the ground running at 5 am and didn't quit until after 1.  Covered 11.1 miles and never heard a gobble.  I was hunting high elevation, mountainous public land that does not hold a ton of birds to begin with, and it appeared to be still receiving pressure even this late in the season, as I ran into 2 guys and saw a number of boot tracks.  I jumped counties to another spot and wish I had started the morning there.  More sign, no boot tracks, and ended up jumping a hen with about a dozen poults.

Overall not a bad season, but for the time I put in the woods, my gosh it was a grind to try and fill my last Va ta which I never did.  Pa has been kicking my but the last few years which is a contrast from the consecutive years of killing a bird up there in the last decade.  I need to start putting in at least 3 days up there which I'm hoping for next season.

The new baby prevented me from really being able to travel anywhere, so I'm hoping that will be a little better next season.  Congrats to all that scored and for the silent team members, well, not really sure what to say to you other than to remind you that you are members of a team.  See you all next year and lets hope for a good deer season.

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 06:38:43 PM »
x 2 with what Will said.  Hunted Friday evening but got chased out by storms.  Saturday was absolutely beautiful weather.  Hit the ground running at 5 am and didn't quit until after 1.  Covered 11.1 miles and never heard a gobble.  I was hunting high elevation, mountainous public land that does not hold a ton of birds to begin with, and it appeared to be still receiving pressure even this late in the season, as I ran into 2 guys and saw a number of boot tracks.  I jumped counties to another spot and wish I had started the morning there.  More sign, no boot tracks, and ended up jumping a hen with about a dozen poults.

Overall not a bad season, but for the time I put in the woods, my gosh it was a grind to try and fill my last Va ta which I never did.  Pa has been kicking my but the last few years which is a contrast from the consecutive years of killing a bird up there in the last decade.  I need to start putting in at least 3 days up there which I'm hoping for next season.

The new baby prevented me from really being able to travel anywhere, so I'm hoping that will be a little better next season.  Congrats to all that scored and for the silent team members, well, not really sure what to say to you other than to remind you that you are members of a team.  See you all next year and lets hope for a good deer season.
Absolutely!! Very frustrating with a lot of our team MIA for most or all of the season.
Be safe brothers. :firefighter: :policeman:

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.