OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Well guys...  (Read 1152 times)

Offline mightyjoeyoung

• Longbeard
Well guys...
« on: May 30, 2020, 12:14:13 PM »
I think this may have been the toughest turkey I remember in over a decade.  Never once even clicked off the safety and only had 2 birds work, one of which was taken by a friend and first time turkey hunter.  Hunted hard with the time I had to use.  Being a nurse, I had no such time off during this ridiculous quarantine and in fact found myself working extra hours.  To add insult to injury I was driving to the store yesterday and a absolute GIANT gobbler was standing in a neighbor's yard about 150 yards from my front door.  Lol. Sorry I couldn't close the deal this year guys...?
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Offline zelmo1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Take a Newbie Hunting
Re: Well guys...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 02:17:18 PM »
Fun is the key bro. I had a tough year too, but it was a blast

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 02:55:43 PM »
There is no shame in your game, my brother. Just the way these feathered bags of free-will live their infuriating lives. There will always be next year and hopefully it will be COVID Free.

Cheers  ;D

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline xarcher

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 06:49:43 PM »
You’ve killed some toads in the past. It just wasn’t meant to be thus year. Regroup and drop the hammer next year.

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.