OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Scalarworks mount  (Read 4573 times)

Online Ondavirg

Scalarworks mount
« on: May 25, 2020, 07:24:05 PM »
I set up my benelli with a scalarworks mount this weekend and I figured I would share for others who might be looking for a red dot for turkeys but also still use the same shotgun for wingshooting.  The scalarworks mount is secured by 4 attachment points, 2 posts and 2 screws.  It slides onto the posts with the red dot attachedAnd is secured by the 2 screws.  I took mine off after sighting it in and it held perfectly after reinstalling it.  I had put off adding a dot for several seasons due to not wanting the hassle of re-zeroing every year after duck season.  The scalarworks mount is costly, but it exceeds my expectations. 

https://i.imgur.com/5DZWz3f.jpg

Offline gesthuntn

Re: Scalarworks mount
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 07:28:37 PM »
Looks like a really good mount.

Online Ondavirg

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 07:35:46 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/gIBycZx

https://i.imgur.com/BBFCYON.jpg

Offline BlackBeard1

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 07:59:44 PM »
I also threw one on my Stoeger M3500 along with an RMR. Couldn't be happier.

I've also used it to shoot sporting clays a couple times. Minor adjustment, but very doable so far for an amateur like me.

Glad you like yours as well!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Offline BINK McCARTY

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Beak first in th' dirt...
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 09:27:51 PM »
What all red dot sights can be used with it?

Offline BlackBeard1

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 05:47:26 AM »
They're only for the Trijicon RMR or the newer Trijicon SRO.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Online Ondavirg

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 06:30:14 AM »
The Holosun sights will fit and they are cheaper, although there are deals to be had on the trijicon.  There may be others that fit as well, not sure. 

Offline DUCKDIGGLER

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2020, 06:57:27 AM »
The Holosun sights will fit and they are cheaper, although there are deals to be had on the trijicon.  There may be others that fit as well, not sure.

100% correct on all of your points! I have been using these Scalarworks mounts on my Benellis and now Franchi Affinty 3s ( on my Vinci’s for a few years) . They are beyond rock solid.....mount extremely low....important to me since I prefer a solid cheekweld on the stock and the ability to maintain zero after removal and reinstalling. Yes they are spendy....but once you open the package you will realize the quality of the product. I suggested to them to make a version for the FF3 a few years ago.....they are a more tactically minded company and didn’t see the turkey market as a target market.....top notch product for your turkey rigs!  :z-winnersmiley:

Offline Ridge Rooster

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2020, 07:02:15 AM »
Looking at their website, It looks like they are designed to fit the Benelli M2 and Mossberg shotguns. I see people using them on other guns. What all guns that are factory drilled/tapped will they fit?

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

Offline obro

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2020, 10:05:41 PM »
There are 2 versions of the TruGlo micro and one of them has the same foot print as the Trijicon and Holosun . I think Benelli , Franchi and Steoger all have same hole spacing and thread size . I was told they are coming out with model for Remington this summer .

Offline Elmerfudd

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2020, 09:09:39 AM »
I put one on my SBE with a Holosun and it is absolutely bulletproof. Yes its pricey. Yes its totally worth it. I also put a Sumtoy mount with a Kingslayer on my M2 20 gauge and it looks great, works great and I have zero complaints with that set up either. But if I were really rough on my gear, and needed to be able to remove the optic and get absolute return to zero, Id get the Scalarworks.

Offline slave601

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2022, 08:31:35 PM »
What model holosun did you mount on the scalarworks?
"thinnin the flock"

Offline obro

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2022, 10:07:19 AM »
It has the RMR footprint . Trijicon , Swampfox , Holosun and Truglo have red dots with that footprint . There may be others that I am not aware of . I have 2 guns set up with the Scalarworks mounts and I am very happy with it .

Offline GregN

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2022, 08:50:35 PM »
For the above users, when you state that "the mount was removed and maintained zero when re-installed," is the mount being removed from the gun with the red dot staying affixed to the mount?

Tx-Greg

Offline Cruiser

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2022, 05:11:05 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/gIBycZx

https://i.imgur.com/BBFCYON.jpg

What Model Benelli did you mount it on? I have a M1 Super 90; 20 gauge. I would need to have drilled and tapped if the mount would be compatible?