OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: More Heading Out  (Read 1564 times)

CMBOSTC

More Heading Out
« on: May 25, 2020, 03:14:50 PM »

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: More Heading Out
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 03:23:28 PM »
Somebody has been busy.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

CMBOSTC

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 03:29:31 PM »
Very busy, I love it though. I love making turkey calls and I get to talk to a lot of turkey hunters.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 03:31:03 PM »
Very busy, I love it though. I love making turkey calls and I get to talk to a lot of turkey hunters.
Oh I bet. I would like to get with somebody in my area that does it that would talk me through making one for myself, until then I will stick with my kits.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

CMBOSTC

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 03:46:51 PM »
I didn't have a mentor, you just have to have the desire to make turkey calls. It's slower without a mentor because it's all trial and error. For me, it's been a long journey. I make a lot of different calls, and it's been difficult at times. I can tell you that doing it on my own has been the most rewarding and satisfying decision that I could have made.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 04:04:16 PM »
I didn't have a mentor, you just have to have the desire to make turkey calls. It's slower without a mentor because it's all trial and error. For me, it's been a long journey. I make a lot of different calls, and it's been difficult at times. I can tell you that doing it on my own has been the most rewarding and satisfying decision that I could have made.
It is not a matter of a mentor bud, though that would be nice to have, it's the electric here, a lathe would blow a fuse here in a heartbeat. I am going to be taking the girlfriend and the dog to her apartment soon because it is going to be 90 here tomorrow which means it will be over 100 in my apartment and I do not want them to have to put up with it. I have AC but I need a bigger unit for the sized rooms I have but do not for a second believe the electric here will handle it. Also all my utilities are included in my rent so even if the house could handle it I am sure my landlord would complain about the extra electricity. I can believe it would be rewarding that way.

John Koenig:

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 04:46:00 PM »
Those are some fine calls going out to some lucky customers ..

CMBOSTC

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2020, 07:52:21 PM »
Thanks Greg, I'll be starting another big batch of calls tomorrow for some guys.

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2020, 09:02:17 PM »
Looking good Chris

CMBOSTC

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2020, 10:29:22 PM »
Thank you Sir!