OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
DC Cattle Ranch

Author Topic: Benelli click  (Read 1442 times)

Offline decoykrvr

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Benelli click
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2020, 05:03:37 PM »
A Benelli shotgun doesn't think, it's a machine which when operated properly works properly.  Failure by the operator to properly place the firearm into battery or mounted firmly on the shoulder will result in a failure to function.  I've had a SBE for 30 years, one of the original H&K imported Benelli shotguns, and the only time i've ever experienced the "click" was when I was placing a 4th shell on the carrier and not letting the bolt move fully forward into battery.  I don't need a lecture on the hazard and legality of the 4th shell trick, which is well in my past, but the problem was not w/ the shotgun. but w/ me.  After shooting thousands of rounds including a lot of both 3" and 3 1/2" waterfowl shells my gun went back to Benelli last year for a tune-up which included all new springs and worked flawlessly all last season.  Keep your gun clean, sparingly use a teflon based lube, ensure the firearm is placed into battery by letting the bolt close from the release and you won't ever hear a "click".

Offline the Ward

• 2020 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • They burn guns don't they?
Re: Benelli click
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2020, 03:05:15 PM »
I've never experienced the "Benelli Click" after 9 years of hard use. And a Benelli doesn't need to be mounted firm to the shoulder to function, either. I have no idea how that could happen, but i do hear about it. I can put the extended tube magazine (can also with standard mag tube) in my Vinci, load it up with cheap target loads and fire every round one handed with no failures. Also you can shoot from hip' and it will still cycle fine. Can you experience a "click" from a benelli? Sure can if it is out of battery. So can other auto shotguns, and not just rotating bolt head guns, either. Don't bounce the gun like a pogo stick off the ground and don't ease the bolt forward so gently that the bolt doesn't rotate into battery. Ea Good luck and hope you have many a successful hunt!