OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Turkey Gun  (Read 3631 times)

Offline youngun15

Turkey Gun
« on: March 24, 2017, 03:33:05 PM »
Ive had multiple people asking and messaging about my gun that was in the turkey picture. So instead of responding each time ill do a "build" post.

Started off as a plain old Savage 555 o/u 20ga. The gun has a single selective trigger, 26"bbl, and extractors. Initial impression is how light the gun was. It points great and has above average wood IMO. The trigger is also pretty good.

Decided on going with the IC 555 in the top barrel shooting TSS and the factory full with Fed HW 7s in the bottom

This is the bottom barrel, Factory Full with HW7s at 22 yards (ranged)

This is showing both barrels at 45 yards (ranged) respectively. Hit slightly left with the top barrel and TSS but that was shooter error.

So now the ammo is sorted out I sent the barrels and receiver to TNT aka Senior for a bath. Then added a rib mount, FF3, and Claw sling. Totalled the gun is around 6lbs loaded. This gun is absurdly light and usually is the first comment when someone else holds it.

Offline Tom Foolery

• Longbeard
Re: Turkey Gun
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 04:07:28 PM »
Awesome

Offline TrackeySauresRex

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 04:27:15 PM »
 :icon_thumright: Sweet!
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 12:21:48 AM »
nice gun and i can tell you proud of it.. looks good also...Wood is nice on the gun. i'm glad you didn't cover the wood...

Offline Izzyjoe

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 11:38:00 AM »
Wow, that shotgun looks great, I've been looking for a stack barrel 20ga for a few weeks now. I've read reviews on those, and looked at a few, but my heart is set on a citori. I've also consider the CZ drake, but I still haven't made up my mind. What's you're overall impression of the Steven, is there anything you don't like about it?

Offline surehuntsalot

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Mendenhall,Mississippi
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 01:55:10 PM »
good looking shotgun
I've always said that a o/u shotgun would make the perfect turkey killer
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Offline youngun15

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 03:18:25 PM »
. What's you're overall impression of the Steven, is there anything you don't like about it?
Honestly no. It locks up tight, poa/poi are the same with both barrels, trigger is decent, and it's ridiculously light.

Offline longislandloco

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 08:09:59 PM »
Very nice setup you have!
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun"…..Old Moe

Offline Carolinaslayer

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2021, 12:08:16 PM »
Thread revival.

Youngun15 are you still happy with the 555?

I've been seriously considering the 555. Sucks the pics aren't showing up on the thread anymore.

Thanks CS