OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Benelli click  (Read 8555 times)

Offline DBuck90

Benelli click
« on: May 24, 2020, 12:18:32 AM »
I was watching a turkey hunting video the other day
And the hunters benelli clicked on the bird he said the dreaded benelli click
He acted like it happens all the time is this a pretty common issues with a benelli ?
I just purchased an M2 20 gauge and getting it set up for next year but if this is something pretty
Common I would rather have another semi auto that is more reliable.

Offline Tuffonturkeys

Re: Benelli click
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 04:38:36 AM »
Just make sure your bolt is all the way forward when you set up.. If the gun is brand new break it in with a few boxes of heavy dove loads then clean it real good before turkey season.. Its not as common as you think but it does happen.. It happened to me on my M2 12 gauge before

Offline RossAnderson

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 07:07:19 AM »
The benelli m2 is my favorite shotgun. I have 2. One 12 gauge 26” barrel for turkey hunting and one 20 gauge 28” barrel for clays and doves. I’ve honestly never had a problem with the benelli click. I can see how it could happen though if you pull the bolt back to load a shell and then ease it forward nice and slow, the bolt head won’t engage as far as it needs to once this happens. I always pull the bolt back as far as it can go and then just let it go so it slams all the way forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Ross

Online sasquatch1

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 07:26:29 AM »
Get an aftermarket Wolf +25% spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline BandedSpur

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 07:38:43 AM »
I thought I heard that Benelli fixed the problem with recently manufactured guns?

Offline wchadw

• Longbeard
Benelli click
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 09:46:09 AM »
I think newer guns they fixed problem. I had a SBE3 for a couple years and never had it do it. Supposed to have fixed problem on those. Not sure about M2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DBuck90

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 12:59:08 PM »
Just make sure your bolt is all the way forward when you set up.. If the gun is brand new break it in with a few boxes of heavy dove loads then clean it real good before turkey season.. Its not as common as you think but it does happen.. It happened to me on my M2 12 gauge before
this will be my first year with a semi auto shotgun so I don’t know a lot about them I was
Going to ask about break in time like how many rounds should I run before I throw in turkey loads ?

Offline howl

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2020, 01:14:09 PM »
The issue is people expect a gun to work with light target loads and heavy turkey loads and never have to clean it. That animal does not exist.

Set one down leaning it against a tree in a hurry-like. Watch the bolt. Pretty obvious what happens if the spring isn't strong enough to reseat itself. Go to a stronger spring for an inertia turkey gun.

Offline DBuck90

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2020, 01:22:29 PM »
The issue is people expect a gun to work with light target loads and heavy turkey loads and never have to clean it. That animal does not exist.

Set one down leaning it against a tree in a hurry-like. Watch the bolt. Pretty obvious what happens if the spring isn't strong enough to reseat itself. Go to a stronger spring for an inertia turkey gun.
gotcha I don’t care about shooting the light loads it will be turkey only and I will spend the money to make sure it runs flawlessly as possible if I got to a heavy spring do I still need to break in the action before I switch the springs ?

Online sasquatch1

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2020, 02:47:28 PM »
That gun don’t need to be broke in. That’s a bunch of nonsense, does it help maybe, but it’s built to shoot from the start.

The extra strength spring will do wonders for it, but you can only shoot heavier loads with that spring, 1oz and up

Other thing is keeping the slide and grove the bolt rotates into clean and letting the spring slam it shut, non of that easy it closed by hand stuff

Offline Brian Fahs

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 06:02:02 PM »
I am a new m2 owner my self. It's a 12 gauge with 21 in charge barrel. Strictly a turkey killer. I think I will look into the wolf spring kit. Thanks.

Offline DBuck90

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 09:29:53 PM »
I am a new m2 owner my self. It's a 12 gauge with 21 in charge barrel. Strictly a turkey killer. I think I will look into the wolf spring kit. Thanks.
I got on the website and the only spring they showed was for a super 90 I don’t know if that’s the same as an M2

Online sasquatch1

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2020, 09:50:19 PM »
Super 90 is a “series” I believe

M1, M2, Córdoba, montefeltro, and SBE all fall in the series

Offline yelpaholic

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2020, 10:00:07 PM »
Got the Nwtf version in February.  Had the dreaded click on 2 birds . Once I eased it back to make sure it was loaded , didn’t slam it back ..that one cost me a bird . Next time not sure how it happened but I snatched it back rammed another in there and shot him .   Kinda aggravating I may try the heavier spring I don’t like how easy the slides if you set it down hard .. the gun is a killer though ..

Offline DBuck90

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2020, 10:36:40 PM »
Got the Nwtf version in February.  Had the dreaded click on 2 birds . Once I eased it back to make sure it was loaded , didn’t slam it back ..that one cost me a bird . Next time not sure how it happened but I snatched it back rammed another in there and shot him .   Kinda aggravating I may try the heavier spring I don’t like how easy the slides if you set it down hard .. the gun is a killer though ..
thanks I hope so I have been working on getting this done for the last 3 years and it’s finally  coming together I got it camo dipped and getting a trigger job done along with drilled and tapped for the Burris fast fire but if I need a heavier spring to help eliminate the gun from not firing then that’s what she will get