OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Aluminum surface  (Read 4058 times)

Offline turkeystrut

Aluminum surface
« on: May 21, 2020, 08:52:18 PM »
Fellers,what is the difference in an anodize surface and a stone surface Pot?
gotta love the outdoors!

Offline turkeystrut

Re: Aluminum surface
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 11:10:51 PM »
48 views but no replies.help me out folks please
gotta love the outdoors!

Offline yelpy

• Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 07:37:11 AM »
Anodized is a smooth surface, just a color they put on aluminum. Stoned is a rough surface but clean aluminum no color. That's all. Just a different finish. The anodized needs conditioning where the stoned not so much until the surface starts to wear smooth from running the call.

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 09:55:02 AM »
My take on Aluminum, it makes something lite weight .. aluminum is my less desired pot call surface .

Offline Spitten and drummen

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 11:05:12 AM »
My take on Aluminum, it makes something lite weight .. aluminum is my less desired pot call surface .

Im with you Greg. I do not particulary like any metal surfaces other than a occasional copper.
“ RANGERS LEAD THE WAY”
“QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME “ ~ INFANTRY
“DEATH FROM ABOVE “ ~ AIRBORNE

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 12:49:01 PM »
All a matter preference for sure, but I`ve had good luck with the front and back of my Enticer Aluminum Thunder.

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2020, 12:53:07 PM »
One of my fav is aluminum. It’s all in a man’s ear

Offline BigSlam51

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020, 01:48:51 PM »
Love me some slick black anodized aluminum

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 08:42:34 PM by BigSlam51 »

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 06:04:49 PM »
I like my black anodized aluminum I got from Footballer.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline willy9889

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2020, 08:44:00 PM »

Im with you Greg. I do not particulary like any metal surfaces other than a occasional copper.

There are quite a few turkeys in Ontario that would disagree but they aren't breathing anymore...…...copper and aluminum are my first choices. Just have to be a little more diligent in preparing the surface. Another plus is that most guys don't use either...different sound.

Willy

Offline turkeystrut

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2020, 09:27:10 PM »
Fellers ,I am seriously thinking about getting a aluminum surface call,I have heard a few that sound good, but I didn't know what type of aluminum surface it was to the other day heard about a stone surface.I don't  know what callmakers  makes a good one.I heard the  kee kee run on them and it sound pretty dang good.So I thank you guys for helping me out. :thanks:
gotta love the outdoors!

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2020, 10:39:32 PM »

There are quite a few turkeys in Ontario that would disagree but they aren't breathing anymore...…...copper and aluminum are my first choices. Just have to be a little more diligent in preparing the surface. Another plus is that most guys don't use either...different sound.

Willy
  Lot of turkeys in Tennessee have fell to ceramic , slate and glass in my area also...  I never said i didn't use aluminum , i said it was my less desired of all the pot call surfaces ..  In my opinion , they are a lot better pot call surfaces than aluminum...

Offline willy9889

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2020, 08:59:11 AM »

Willy
  Lot of turkeys in Tennessee have fell to ceramic , slate and glass in my area also...  I never said i didn't use aluminum , i said it was my less desired of all the pot call surfaces ..  In my opinion , they are a lot better pot call surfaces than aluminum...

And I said I preferred metal calls.... to each their own. Wasn't trying to get anyone's dander up.
 The OP was asking for some info on an aluminum call. I replied my experiences same as you.
Last time I checked that was allowed....

Willy

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2020, 09:29:29 AM »
Boys, there`s room for all surfaces! Somedays it`s slate, another ceramic, the next aluminum, then a box call of one of the millions of wood combos. It`s really up to the turkeys! That`s how we justify to our wives the money we spend on God only knows how many calls! it`s all good.

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2020, 10:14:55 AM »
Boys, there`s room for all surfaces! Somedays it`s slate, another ceramic, the next aluminum, then a box call of one of the millions of wood combos. It`s really up to the turkeys! That`s how we justify to our wives the money we spend on God only knows how many calls! it`s all good.
  You are so right , it's all a matter of opinion as to what you like and want to play in the turkey woods.. i gave my opinion, as well as others. My first post was it was my less desired pot call aluminum.  Turkeys will respond different on any given day .