OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Call Display Shelf  (Read 5777 times)

Offline Firemt04

Call Display Shelf
« on: May 20, 2020, 07:07:13 PM »
I’m wanting to build a shelf to hang on the wall to display my calls. It’ll be for box calls, pot calls, strikers, and other styles that I plan on adding to my collection. I’m looking for ideas and would like to see what y’all have. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Jrkimbrough

Re: Call Display Shelf
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 07:15:43 PM »

Here’s my cabinet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SwampRooster17

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 05:24:27 AM »

Offline Mossberg90MN

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 11:16:09 PM »

This is cool, I dig this.

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 10:36:12 AM »
Nice looking displays ...

Offline Firemt04

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 01:18:49 PM »
Those are definitely nice displays. Keep ‘em coming guys. I know there are more than two people with displays.

Offline BigSlam51

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 01:42:40 PM »
Those are definitely nice displays. Keep ‘em coming guys. I know there are more than two people with displays.

I have a display for my calls, but it doesn't hang on the wall. I think most people that have something to display their calls use a cabinet of some sort.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Offline Firemt04

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 01:50:01 PM »

I have a display for my calls, but it doesn't hang on the wall. I think most people that have something to display their calls use a cabinet of some sort.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
You’re probably right. I know if my collection keeps growing the way that it has I will have to get a cabinet eventually.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2020, 08:35:45 PM »
I have been wanting to get one of these for a while, seems whenever I have the money there are none available in my price range and when I do not have the money there are plenty in the range I could afford.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Firemt04

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2020, 08:48:05 PM »
I have been wanting to get one of these for a while, seems whenever I have the money there are none available in my price range and when I do not have the money there are plenty in the range I could afford.
That would work great!

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2020, 08:52:19 PM »
That would work great!

My father had several of them as I was growing up, like I have told others I really think I have dove into this call collecting because all the woods remind me so much of him, I can't afford a lot of the furniture, carnival/uranium glass and clocks and so on that he had but I can kind of remember him in these calls or honor him at least. This shelving unit is something that I dearly want, it must be antique and must have wooden shelves and no lights inside. Sorry, I am remembering things and rambling now.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline Firemt04

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2020, 08:54:15 PM »
That would work great!

My father had several of them as I was growing up, like I have told others I really think I have dove into this call collecting because all the woods remind me so much of him, I can't afford a lot of the furniture, carnival/uranium glass and clocks and so on that he had but I can kind of remember him in these calls or honor him at least. This shelving unit is something that I dearly want, it must be antique and must have wooden shelves and no lights inside. Sorry, I am remembering things and rambling now.
No need for apologies. We all have our reasons and I love hearing why other people collect.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2020, 08:57:24 PM »
That would work great!

No need for apologies. We all have our reasons and I love hearing why other people collect.

Thank you for that.

John Koenig:

Offline Firemt04

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2020, 08:58:26 PM »
That would work great!

Thank you for that.
You’re welcome. Thank you for sharing.

Offline Jrkimbrough

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2020, 09:16:34 PM »
I really thought about a cabinet like that but glad I got the cabinet with storage under the bottom. Great place to store strikers, chalk, boxes, turkey pictures, box calls in the drawer, etc

Recently got a different way to display my strikers