OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Apology

Started by Gobbler2577, May 19, 2020, 10:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobbler2577

I recognize this isn't the best place to put this, but I feel like those who need to see it will have a greater chance of seeing it here than in the general forum.  I must apologize to the guys that are still on my list.  For the past 5 weeks I've had some pretty bad trouble from an enlarged prostate and have not been able to be in the shop.  I havent touched base with any of you to let you know the wait would be longer and I am sorry for that.  In all honesty I did not want to talk about it.  I have felt so bad and the meds were seemingly ineffective and I began to believe something serious was going on.  I learned yesterday that my PSA level is within the normal range so cancer is evidently not a concern and I have felt a bit better since Sunday afternoon.  I am hopeful that soon I will feel up to getting back in the shop and turning calls.  I truly am sorry for the delays, but more than that I'm sorry I havent communicated with those of you that are waiting.  I must also add this.  I am a man of faith.  Many of you know I pastor a small Baptist church here in MS and my faith is the root of who I am.  I trust that God is in total control of not just my life, but all things.  I know Jesus died for me and my life is in Him.  I also believe in the power of prayer.  It is in fact prayer that has brought me through this far.  God has at every turn answered prayers and proven Himself faithful.  Let me add that that many times when He answers prayers the answer is no.  Don't assume I mean that I've recieved just what I've prayed for.  I have recieved what He knows is best.  I am certain today that many of you are facing trouble, we all do.  I want to encourage you to talk to the Lord about it.  He loves you.  He isn't an angry God looking daily to punish you.  His desire is to forgive you and give you His best.  Thank you to all who buy calls.  Thank you for your patience with me.  Most of all, thank you to those who now are a part of my life.  Your friendship is the reward in call making and I cherish that. 
Buster.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

Mathews.1

Prayers to you and your family.

Chris O

Beards and Hooks

Hope your feeling better Larry and on the mend.

letinmfly

Feel better and get well Larry.  That's first and foremost.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Greg Massey

Prayers and God Bless , get well first, your health is more important...

jamo

Prayers,take care

JeffC

Keep up the faith Buster, prayers to you, hope you feel better. Thank you for all that you do.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

jgard

no apology necessary.  Get well and prayers to you and your family

Les C

Prayers work, and you have mine.

BTH

Will be keeping you in my prayer for the Lord's direction for you and to heal and get to feeling better.
Take care of yourself Pastor Halford!  :mycross:
Phil 4:13

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

yelpy

I'll be praying for you. Get well Mr. Larry! The turkey calls can wait until another day when your back to good health.

MJW

Josh_Alloy_Calls

Get well soon!!
I understand wholeheartedly your desire to get back in the shop.
I am actually in day 4 of my neck surgery recovery, and I am having to force myself to stay out of the shop!!
Our passion can often times outweigh our brains, at least in my case anyway!!
I wish you a speedy recovery!!

Josh McDowell