OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Box design with thumb hole  (Read 1348 times)

Offline AppalachianHollers

• When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
Box design with thumb hole
« on: May 18, 2020, 01:49:28 PM »
I have heard Dan Wittenberg’s proprietary long box design has this, as does the Primos “Box Cutter.” But what are some other calls that have this feature. I love clucking and cutting on a box but don’t like having to hold my thumb all the way toward the paddle end for fear of touching the rail or awkwardly dangling it at an angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Swim-Bait

Re: Box design with thumb hole
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 01:05:46 AM »
I'm not sure on others, but Dan Wittenberg's longbox does have two (one on each side) thumb/finger indentations on the box. Not holes, just indents. I have one, that I recently purchased. I have not owned many box calls. Six total, three of which are long boxes. Dan's is definitely different. The lid IMO is actually light and has give/flex to it. Not rigid or heavy like most are. His call is also quieter when handling. Meaning it doesn't make noise when you don't want it to. I like mine a lot! It's a lot better call than I'm capable of running at the moment, but it truly is the best overall boxcall I've used. Very pleased with the quality build, attention to detail; and customer service given with the purchase. Just thought I'd reply, since no one else has yet.

Offline AppalachianHollers

• When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 09:11:35 AM »
Thanks fit your input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Charlie 51

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 10:23:19 AM »
Dave tyree of x-treme turkey calls makes an awesome 6 1/2 or 7 inch one..I have three.