OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: What should my 2nd box call be?  (Read 3455 times)

Offline wchadw

• Longbeard
Re: What should my 2nd box call be?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2020, 10:42:38 PM »
Marlin or TJ. Everyone that hunted with me this spring said they are the best calls they had ever heard. Even had 2 go missing that have yet to be returned and probably will not,lol
Can’t go wrong with these 2 box makers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2020, 07:11:01 AM »
Since your new to box calls I don't think you could go wrong with a David Halloran, heavy lid makes them very easy to play. SS is also always on my list to recommend

Theres countless options out there but obviously $$ and wait time need factored as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offline 2nd 100

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2020, 04:12:08 PM »
As for your question on certain wood types from a call maker , most have tried umpteen dozen of combinations and know what will work and what won't . And I have 100 % confidence in a reputable call maker not sending out a call that he doesn't like the sound of anyway . The people I deal with won't send me An X over Y box call just because I want one , if it doesn't run to their liking it doesn't leave their shop and they always have the final say .

Offline rakkin6

• Longbeard
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2020, 11:17:10 AM »
You could contact Matt Fulkerson for a Hen Box. He just mailed mine to me today, should be here by Thursday since we only live 100 miles apart me in Tennessee and him in Kentucky. Definitely would be a different sound for you. He is a great man to deal with. His boxes take some time to make so if you want it before next season don't wait.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER