OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Best Box Call for $60 or Less?  (Read 4449 times)

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
Re: Best Box Call for $60 or Less?
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2020, 05:06:07 PM »
Ernie Fetters sells his short box calls for 45.00
Really? I absolutely love the longbox I have of his

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2020, 06:39:57 PM »
spring creek calls are reasonably priced and very effective.
I also was going to say Spring Creek.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2020, 11:39:00 PM »
My suggestion save up your money during the summer and before spring buy you one good call ... you will enjoy owning and playing good quality call in the 100 - 150 dollar range .. i know it's more than 60 dollars ..

Offline MattM

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2020, 12:14:48 PM »
Ernie Fetters sells his short box calls for 45.00
Really? I absolutely love the longbox I have of his

He told me the other day that he will have some for sale this fall

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2020, 09:59:04 PM »
I've picked up a few SS field grades for around that price point ($55 to $65) and they have all been by far the best most consistent sounding boxes in that price range I've come across.

Most threads are better with pictures so here's a combo I carry a lot yellowheart/mineral poplar short box and a walnut/Holly with purpleheart striker scratch box both from Al. Two very deadly affordable calls I choose often over much higher priced options.

I agree SS calls is hard to beat in that price range!!! Jeff White is close to that price for some of his calls last I knew also. Both will get the job done for you year after year.

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2020, 07:52:57 AM »
I've picked up a few SS field grades for around that price point ($55 to $65) and they have all been by far the best most consistent sounding boxes in that price range I've come across.

Most threads are better with pictures so here's a combo I carry a lot yellowheart/mineral poplar short box and a walnut/Holly with purpleheart striker scratch box both from Al. Two very deadly affordable calls I choose often over much higher priced options.

Wholeheartedly agree on the SS Field Grade short boxes. Asked Al and Josh for a two sided, walnut over poplar, one side with a deeper, raspier sound, the other a bit higher and cleaner for a young hen sound. That`s precisely what they sent me. The thing sings! If I wanted another box, I`d give them a call in a heartbeat.

I agree SS calls is hard to beat in that price range!!! Jeff White is close to that price for some of his calls last I knew also. Both will get the job done for you year after year.