OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Best Turkey hunting seat  (Read 12660 times)

Offline richard black

Re: Best Turkey hunting seat
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2021, 10:22:46 PM »
Glenda Greene inner tube seat. Light, portable, and very very comfortable

Offline Dtrkyman

• Double Beard
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2021, 04:45:55 PM »
I liked an inner tube for a long time, still great for run and gun.  I started using a gobbler lounger a few years ago and hate carrying it.

I found a back packing chair that is awesome, Lafuma low chair, around 40$ and sub 2lbs, plenty comfy, easy to haul around, not big guy approved though!  But great for us skinny folk! 

Offline Uncle Tom

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2021, 08:10:49 AM »
I got one that I purchased at the Dixie Deer C. many years age. They were made out of South Carolina and no longer in business. Weigh 4 lb....all alum...seat back folds up/down with no straps....4 legs and front sits little higher than back....my brother also bought one and he recently died so got an extra one now. Best seat ever sit in.

Offline justin.arps

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2021, 03:13:33 PM »
I love the comfort of these chairs but hate the bulk and weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2021, 08:34:36 AM »
I love the comfort of these chairs but hate the bulk and weight.

Know what you mean. If I was more mobile in my hunting style than I am I probably wouldn`t even bother with a chair. Where I hunt, we pretty much know the areas where birds are going to be. That, plus when I hear a bird I`m probably going to work him from where I am right then. Once he knows where I am, I`ll try to wait until he either comes in right then or comes later after he`s been dumped by his hens. All that adds up to needing a comfortable chair. I figure I`ll probably spook more birds than I get close to by roaming the woods!

Offline fmf

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2021, 09:19:00 AM »
I just picked up one of these and I'm looking forward to testing it out.  They were offering them "free" on facebook, just pay shipping which was about $8.  They didn't offer it on their site, just fb and the offer may still be going on for those interested.

https://klymit.com/collections/accessories/products/v-seat?variant=31722987618394

Offline huntineveryday

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2021, 10:05:04 PM »
After using one of these in the blind, I’ve started using one running n gunning too. Probably taboo to not be sitting on the ground, but they are light, pack small, and comfortable. I’m usually backed into some brush or a cedar tree anyway. It sits low enough to the ground that I use the same shooting sticks I used when sitting on the ground.

https://helinox.com/collections/all-chairs/products/chair-one?variant=31752895103053

Offline Number17

• Pennsylvania 4E
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2021, 10:32:33 PM »
https://www.nativeoutdoors.com/alps-outdoorz/alps-backwoods-stadium-style-seat-realtree-edge.html#.YDm8EtxOmM8

I just picked up one of these to try for this year. It's very well made and a "sit anywhere" style. Weighs 21oz and can be carried folded in half with the handles, or you can roll it up and stuff it in the back of your vest.

I use a Cabelas half vest with the speed seat attached. I can use the speed seat and still sit in this chair for the back support. I plan to use this mostly for hunting high grass and brushy areas where trees are hard to come by.
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2021, 09:43:12 AM »
I just picked up one of these and I'm looking forward to testing it out.  They were offering them "free" on facebook, just pay shipping which was about $8.  They didn't offer it on their site, just fb and the offer may still be going on for those interested.

https://klymit.com/collections/accessories/products/v-seat?variant=31722987618394
I strapped one of these to my vest seat last year and it creating improved the comfort. Adds no weight too since it's like 4oz

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offline Mallard1897

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2021, 11:27:51 PM »
Used to carry one of those donut seats with the inner tube in the gortex camo cover. Then we improved the design by using the attachment style already on the cabela's Tat'r vest we have and adding the tire slime to the inner tube for those inevitable dives into the briar bush. It's not too much bulkier than the foam cushion the vest comes with but it's way more comfortable.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline roberthyman14

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2021, 09:51:23 PM »
I still keep the foam seat on my vest and carry a cheap lounger from Walmart.  When I've got time to use my chair I will.  Other times I use my vest seat.  Still sometimes end up outta my vest crawling to a tree.  My chair gets used more hunting them off the roost when I've got time to get where I need.  And it saves my butt and back

Prostaff member for Old Crow Custom Calls

Offline old frank

• Georgia
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2021, 10:05:21 PM »
Lots of good reading here.

As I said earlier my Cabela's Tactical Tat'r has a big thick cushion and I love the way it flips up for storage and down for sitting but after about 45 minutes it feels like I am sitting on a concrete block.
I found some of the inner tube seats on sale somewhere and bought three of them for like $6 apiece!. My hunting partner talked me out of one of them.
I clip it to the back of my belt and it increases my comfort a good bit but nothing, nothing is as comfortable as my Turkey Lounger chair. I don't even know which one it is but I have used it for deer hunting and sat for five hours in comfort.

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2021, 09:04:01 AM »
I still keep the foam seat on my vest and carry a cheap lounger from Walmart.  When I've got time to use my chair I will.  Other times I use my vest seat.  Still sometimes end up outta my vest crawling to a tree.  My chair gets used more hunting them off the roost when I've got time to get where I need.  And it saves my butt and back

Prostaff member for Old Crow Custom Calls

I tell you, the Walmart $19.98 Mossy Oak Turkey Chair ( Lounger ) is super comfortable. The way it folds up makes it easier to carry than my Browning chair and it`s a little lighter to boot. I just hope it proves to be durable.

Offline Dazzler

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2021, 09:29:13 AM »
https://www.nativeoutdoors.com/alps-outdoorz/alps-backwoods-stadium-style-seat-realtree-edge.html#.YDm8EtxOmM8

I just picked up one of these to try for this year. It's very well made and a "sit anywhere" style. Weighs 21oz and can be carried folded in half with the handles, or you can roll it up and stuff it in the back of your vest.

I use a Cabelas half vest with the speed seat attached. I can use the speed seat and still sit in this chair for the back support. I plan to use this mostly for hunting high grass and brushy areas where trees are hard to come by.
How are liking that combo?  I’ve been eyeing both of those products this week but not paired together as you describe.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2021, 10:07:41 AM »
https://www.fanaticoutdoors.com/
The Hammock seat is very comfortable. Takes maybe 2 minutes to set up and lets you swing way left or right if you need too.
I use mine more for deer hunting but it would work great for turkeys too.
I understand there are some other hammock seats out there now so search around if you are interested.
I have never used or seen the new two bar down low seat.
I have both versions and the new version with the two bars is much more comfortable and more stable to boot. I let my Pastor use it this year after I found out I was not going to be able to muzzle load and he really liked it as well. I do admit though, if I can continue to drop weight it will be much more comfortable, I was around 393 for deer season and am at 310 now and hope to be under 300 by the time May 1 is here.

Millennium M300, weighs 4 pounds, silent, secure, and has a shoulder strap. The side support straps are a steady place to rest your elbow for a shot too.
I have that in my Amazon cart right now, nice to hear somebody else likes it. I am also going to get the chill pad for it.

I am also going to be trying to RNG-300 (Original version) this year and see how it goes. I am still going to be setting my blinds up but I really am trying to get out of the blind if my body will let me.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."