OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Best Turkey hunting seat  (Read 12495 times)

Offline AndyN

Re: Best Turkey hunting seat
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2021, 03:45:58 PM »
Another vote for the Browning chair. I own two so when I go with anyone else they don't want to leave before me. If I can be comfortable enough to wait out a stubborn bird for a few hours the extra 7lbs are worth it. Anything that's just a pad has my legs falling asleep within an hour.

Offline lunghit

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2021, 11:00:49 AM »
I just received my HS Strut Deluxe seat and I really like it. Light, quick to set up and a HUGE improvement over the cushion on my vest. It stores really nice in the game bag of my turkey vest too.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Offline lacire

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2021, 04:09:08 PM »
I just picked up one of these and I'm looking forward to testing it out.  They were offering them "free" on facebook, just pay shipping which was about $8.  They didn't offer it on their site, just fb and the offer may still be going on for those interested.

https://klymit.com/collections/accessories/products/v-seat?variant=31722987618394

Thanks for the suggestion. Just bought one of these klymit seat pads from there web site. They currently have two listings one for $16.99 and one for $0.00, click on the $0.00 and it comes up paying shipping only for $9.00.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Offline Turkeyman

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2021, 03:51:06 PM »
The first thing a person has to determine is just what they want, and suits their needs. Do you want a seat...or a chair...or a lounger? Personally I'm satisfied with a seat. It's nothing more than those very short 4-legged jobs which you set up on a tree. I can fold two of the four legs down to suit the angle of setup, if you know what I mean. Now...the more "comfort" desired comes at a price e.g. bulkier and heavier....another piece of equipment to tote around.

Offline Sanders153

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Lord Jesus Christ - The Way, Truth, and the Life.
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2021, 03:30:25 PM »
https://huntcomfort.com/gelcore-hunting-seats/

I've tried one of theirs and it's been pretty good. They might have something to suite ya

Offline longbow59

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2021, 09:44:59 PM »
Over the years I used different seats they all work to some degree. This year I just sat on the bare ground. My vest as no seat. Really wasn’t bad at all. The thing I like about you can get really low to the ground which helps with not being seen.