turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best Turkey hunting seat

Started by jbrown, May 17, 2020, 08:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrown

I have an old Turkey lounger, I'm looking for something with more comfort and less weight, thanks for any help.

Happy hooker

I too would like to hear,,but I think you pay the price for comfort,,if you want a chair\ lounger style you put up with bulk and weight,,otherwise its a cushion for easy travel.

rakkin6

Browning Strutter is my favorite, easy to carry and only weighs seven pounds. Very comfortable also and I am a bigger guy 6' 205 lbs. I think it usually goes for about $55.00 but I found mine on sale for under $40.00

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Johnhunter19

I got the blackout chair from Cabelas. Similar to the browning mentioned above I think it was only around $30. It is great if you plan to sit for a long time in the same spot. I can sit in it for hours, it is so comfortable and not have to shift around to get comfortable which is a good way to get busted by some birds. Its been one of my best investments for sure.

bbcoach

I have 2, the Mossy oak turkey seat from Wally World (about $19) and the the Alps Outdoors Turkey chair (about $35 I believe).  Both are very comfortable.  Both are somewhat heavy, 4 to 5 lbs.  But I will give up weight for comfort.  I will normally set for extended periods of time so I will grab one of them from the bed of the truck every morning!

Yoder409

I use an Alps 3-legged stool and it has worked very well for me.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

bobk

Hunters Specialties H.S. Strut Deluxe Two-Way Strut Seat at 2+/- lbs. is my choice.

shaman

For the last 20 years or so I've been using a camo boat cushion. 

I've got several and I spread them out around the farm so that I can grab one on my way out to a particular spot and then deposit it on the way home. I also carry some thin foam pads with me; one is for my back.  If I'm out wandering about the property, the thin ones are all I need.  I grab the boat cushion when I expect I'm going to be sitting somewhere for a number of hours.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries  of SW Bracken County, KY 
Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

rakkin6

I have the Realtree Xtra Turkey Chair. It is very comfortable, 5 pounds and was only $30.00

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

old frank

https://www.fanaticoutdoors.com/
The Hammock seat is very comfortable. Takes maybe 2 minutes to set up and lets you swing way left or right if you need too.
I use mine more for deer hunting but it would work great for turkeys too.
I understand there are some other hammock seats out there now so search around if you are interested.
I have never used or seen the new two bar down low seat.

RiverBuck

Millennium M300, weighs 4 pounds, silent, secure, and has a shoulder strap. The side support straps are a steady place to rest your elbow for a shot too.

Tail Feathers

Quote from: RiverBuck on January 31, 2021, 02:14:27 PM
Millennium M300, weighs 4 pounds, silent, secure, and has a shoulder strap. The side support straps are a steady place to rest your elbow for a shot too.
Very interesting.  I'll look into this option. 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

3bailey3

MK M GOBL

Made my own!

It's a couple of seats I put together, I really like the tension of the seat and back rest, I also have a couple of Gobbler Loungers and they're pretty comfortable.

MK M GOBL

Chris O

Quote from: bobk on August 21, 2020, 09:39:42 AM
Hunters Specialties H.S. Strut Deluxe Two-Way Strut Seat at 2+/- lbs. is my choice.
X2 I don't use my browning gobbler lounger anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk