OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Selling my turkey gun  (Read 1796 times)

Offline idgobble

Selling my turkey gun
« on: May 14, 2020, 10:03:57 PM »
I've only sold guns locally in gun shops on consignment but considering trying one of the internet sites.  Any advice?  It's an Ithaca model 37 with turkey barrel and upland barrel. Not something in high demand here in Idaho but probably very interesting in some other states.

Offline ltprod

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Selling my turkey gun
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 10:13:04 PM »
What gauge??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline idgobble

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 10:20:35 PM »
12 ga. 3".  I hesitate to post pictures or give details because I'm not sure if we're allowed to sell guns here. Kinda doubt it and don't want to get myself in trouble. My intent was just to get advice on selling it on other sites, possibly Gunbroker.com but I've never used any of the sites where we're allowed to sell guns. I wonder if others here have had experience with internet selling. Where, how to best do it, possible problems, etc.

Offline howl

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 07:44:59 AM »
You can ship it USPS to a FFL holder. Just require a copy of FFL to put in package when mailing. This is all in the postal handbook.

I recommend including the coat of insurance and a cheap hard case in your price. Odd packages like guns get beat up. Make it plain looking. Don't tape up until at post office in case you get a weirdo who wants to see inside.

Offline Old Timer

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 09:54:49 AM »
One way you can do it is go with a shop with FFL that has a account with ie. Gunbroker they usually charge a fee $60 or so. Takes all that out of your hands. Just my 2 cents,something to consider. Them model 37`s are nice.Good luck

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2020, 10:25:55 AM »
One way you can do it is go with a shop with FFL that has a account with ie. Gunbroker they usually charge a fee $60 or so. Takes all that out of your hands. Just my 2 cents,something to consider. Them model 37`s are nice.Good luck

this would be the way to sell it with the least amount of headaches on your end, I think if your selling gun broker would get you the most money.

Good quality pictures on gun broker make or break the deal, ask to see some of the current guns for sale that your ffl has listed so you can see the detail and quality of his pictures.

Offline Greenhead12

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2020, 04:11:09 PM »
Gunbroker is the way to go, just need to get buyers FFL and send there.