OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Franchi Affinity 3 compact suggestions  (Read 2396 times)

Offline Remington700

Franchi Affinity 3 compact suggestions
« on: May 13, 2020, 09:52:43 PM »
I just purchased a Franchi Affinity 3 compact 20 gauge for my daughter. What chokes should we look at and what shells? I have read that the Federal TSS does not like this gun. We were thinking about Apex TSS, but might just shoot lead. What choke would be good for TSS? lead? I would like something that could possibly shoot 40 yards, but be forgiving at 20. Don't want her to miss because it is so tight at close ranges. TIA

Offline DBuck90

Re: Franchi Affinity 3 compact suggestions
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 10:12:17 PM »
 Indian creek, Patternmaster, jebs, sumtoy all good chokes/company’s it’s really a rat race but since you aren’t chasing numbers and just want a good even spread then you could go with any of these that I named and it would fit your bill

Offline blazer29

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 02:52:43 PM »
I just purchased a Franchi Affinity 3 compact 20 gauge for my daughter. What chokes should we look at and what shells? I have read that the Federal TSS does not like this gun. We were thinking about Apex TSS, but might just shoot lead. What choke would be good for TSS? lead? I would like something that could possibly shoot 40 yards, but be forgiving at 20. Don't want her to miss because it is so tight at close ranges. TIA
The Carlson shoot a super even pattern out of my standard affinity. I bought the 575, it would be outstanding for a youngster. It was a good bit more open and allows for some wiggle room. As far as shells, I’ve only Shot the TSS. Look at Apex, and the Tungsten super slam shot, They both shoot great out of my Franchi and my sons weatherby. Heard Foxtrot was good also. The federal wouldn’t cycle but the pattern was outstanding. Another guy told me to shoot a box or 2 of heavy loads out of it to break that spring in. Anyway, good luck! I may have a choke or two for sale if the Indian creek is what I’m looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BandedSpur

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 07:29:06 AM »
If you shoot TSS, the factory full will easily get you to 40. If you end up shooting lead, you will probably need an aftermarket tube. All the mentioned brands are good ones.

Offline Jstocks

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 09:24:50 PM »
Get some Hot Rods from Foxtrot and use a Primos tightwad for a tight pattern, or go to the .575 and up chokes for better hunting patterns. I’d use an Undertaker, or a Carlson’s.