turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sbe2.655 rob Roberts 3 1/2 inch federal tss 7x9

Started by greentag, May 12, 2020, 09:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greentag

Tried some tss finally,tried several loads by browning and federal but these 3 1/2 inch 7x9 were crazy good,put 429 in ten inch circle at 40 with a really good twenty also...it won't let me load pics,but the twenty yard was amazing too,with a good even pattern and not just a hole like long beards always made in my gun.,will defiantly be shooting these next season.magblends is what I have been shooting and they would always do around 220 in a ten inch circle with a really good looking pattern,but an extra 200 and the way these things hit the board I was shooting,I will definitely be shooting the 7x9 can't wait to hit a bird with one of them.

ManfromGreenSwamp

Nice to read your results. Sounds like great numbers as interested in your 20yrd pattern
!
I've patterned about everything in my SBE2, but those and just picked up those on the resent cabelas/BPS sale.
I will be trying them out if a RR.640, IC.665, and probably my Hevi13port.667 will post findings.
I shot hevi-18tss in 7s this season.

I like your results. Thanks for posting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

greentag

Thanks,I have done quite a bit of patterning the last 5 years since I got this sbe2,it's the best I have seen so far In it.. I messaged Rob Roberts and asked them about shooting the tss in that choke before I did,he said .655 is good for 24 inch barrel,but if you have a 26 or longer you would want to open it up to at least a .660....mine is the 24 inch so I figured I would try them,glad I did,just hate that they are so expensive

ManfromGreenSwamp

Interesting
I'm wondering if that is why they stoped installing the .640 in their custom gun?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

greentag

It may be,I know I looked at one of the performance shop sbe3 with the pistol grip like I have on my gun,it had the same .655 choke in it as I have got....I have an old nova that I have a Hastings .640 in,and it says lead shot only wrote on the choke,I shoot the old Winchester supremes 3 1/2 inch # 5 in it and for regular lead it shoots a really good pattern,I hunted over twenty years with that combo until I got this sbe2...I didn't need the new gun as that nova always killed them as far as I will ever shoot at a turkey,but I just always wanted a sbe2 with that steady grip,and finally just got me one...I love it,it so much thinner than that nova,And that  steady grip is the cats meow for turkey,lol