OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Anyone hunting this weekend?  (Read 1361 times)

Offline timberjack86

• The Boss Gobbler
Anyone hunting this weekend?
« on: May 12, 2020, 09:04:37 PM »
Anyone hunting this weekend? Last weekend for TN. I'm gonna go, my fire kinda burns out after 2 birds and didn't hunt last weekend.  Going to take my kids out shoot one if we get the chance. I feel like the state should go to a 2 bird limit but that's a conversation for another day.

Offline Gmed

Re: Anyone hunting this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 09:44:21 PM »
My boy went today - we are in the northeast part of Tennessee and butt right up against Virginia - he has be heard quite a bit of gobbling and put the #5 Long Beards on a good one today. We usually slack up when it gets hot and the ticks start crawling heavy. I agree with the two bird limit...l

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 08:47:18 AM »
Yep. I can't gripe this season.  3 Birds and all with special guns.

Offline TNTRKYHunter

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 11:53:59 PM »
I will be hunting. We had a great midday hunt today while hunting public ground. We were actually walking out from a long hike and got a bird to respond. He covered a lot of ground quickly. Luckily, we had a large ditch to use to get to get set up and within 10 min of getting set up my buddy was able to make a great shot with his 20g that he setup this year.

I just want to say thank you all for allowing me to part of this great team. I definitely look forward to next spring with you all again. Good luck this weekend!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline timberjack86

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 11:13:26 PM »
I will be hunting. We had a great midday hunt today while hunting public ground. We were actually walking out from a long hike and got a bird to respond. He covered a lot of ground quickly. Luckily, we had a large ditch to use to get to get set up and within 10 min of getting set up my buddy was able to make a great shot with his 20g that he setup this year.

I just want to say thank you all for allowing me to part of this great team. I definitely look forward to next spring with you all again. Good luck this weekend!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you and everyone else on this team! I had a great time and season and I hope everyone else has had as well. We also had a really strong showing and led the contest for a little while. I also thank the competition and oldgobbler for helping keep this contest fun!

Offline timberjack86

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 11:13:58 PM »
And congrats to your buddy also!