OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Few things I have put together this week  (Read 2286 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Few things I have put together this week
« on: May 12, 2020, 04:17:53 PM »
I put together this box call kit from Cross Road Game Calls today, it is walnut and sycamore and the woods were chosen to match a pot call that I made last year.

IMG_1070 (2) by Sir-diealot, on Flickr
IMG_1069 (2) by Sir-diealot, on Flickr
IMG_1068 (2) by Sir-diealot, on Flickr
IMG_1071 (2) by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

Soundfile of the box call. https://soundcloud.com/user-933394494/sycamore-walnut-boxcall-kit-from-cross-roads-game-calls

Here is a picture of the pot it is meant to match. Also from Cross Road Game Calls and sound file of the pot call as well. https://soundcloud.com/user-933394494/sycamore-turkey-call-pot-kit-i-made

IMG_0349 by Sir-diealot, on Flickr
IMG_0347 (2) by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

I also put together a few strikers, shown are a fiber rod all weather striker with zebra wood top, canary wood rod with zebra wood top, Corncob top with purple heart rod and an old Mad striker that I had put together a while ago but did not have the best glue. Oh I used Gorilla Glue epoxy and chose that one because it dries clear. I did make two more but they are in my blind in the dry box, I will bring them home tomorrow and share them then. Thanks to the member that helped me with the kit, I do no know if he wants to be named so I will leave it to him to name himself if he so chooses.
IMG_1064 (2) by Sir-diealot, on Flickr
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 04:39:18 PM by Sir-diealot »
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline doublespurs21

• Paintbrush Beard
Re: Few things I have put together this week
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 05:24:12 PM »
your on the way to be a turkey call maker...…….. once you get bitten,, never goes away...…..

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 05:28:59 PM »
your on the way to be a turkey call maker...…….. once you get bitten,, never goes away...…..
I wish I could run a lathe here, the power would never handle it though, it goes out if I run the AC and a toaster at the same time. Very old wiring. I do enjoy the kits though and intend to get another sycamore pot kit to do and put one of my turkey feathers in. I do enjoy it.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 06:20:46 PM »
I found the other twp strikers I put together, fist is a ipe rod with canarywood head and second is a all weather fiber rod with green dyed corncob head.

IMG_1096 by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

John Koenig:

Offline NCbowjunkie

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 01:22:39 PM »
Steve’s glad you got those put together. How do they sound

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 03:31:47 PM »
Steve’s glad you got those put together. How do they sound
Then sound very good, that Ipe and canary wood sure does stand out, I was going to just do the canary wood rod with canary wood head but the ipe sounded so good with it. Thanks again.

John Koenig: