OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Bubble clucks  (Read 2371 times)

Offline RiverRoost

• The Boss Gobbler
Bubble clucks
« on: May 12, 2020, 08:14:18 AM »
Anybody got advice on how to make “bubble clucks” or like soft hollow sounding clucks. The clucking I’m able to do on a mouth call is louder toned and I’d like to get figured out a softer tone of cluck

Offline yelpy

• Double Beard
Re: Bubble clucks
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 01:11:57 PM »
I use a good paddle call or a short box thats tuned right for those type of clucks.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 05:30:07 PM by yelpy »

CMBOSTC

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 03:11:01 PM »
The call that I use for bubble clucks is my woody call. I haven't heard another style call do it any better than a friction wood style caller.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 03:29:37 PM by C. Brumfiel »

Offline Happy hooker

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 04:29:12 PM »
This is the craziest thing you've ever heard!!!
But if you want to make perfect and I mean "PERFECT" hollow pop clucks???
Get yourself a children's cork pop gun,,I mean literally a kids toy,,the kind of kids toy gun that has a cork you put into the end of the barrel and its connected by a string.
When you pull the trigger and it's forced out of the barrel it sounds amazingly like a real hen turkey cluck and I mean dead on accurate. I even thought of entering a calling contest in the cluck division if they had one.
If you think I'm crazy give it a try it will amaze you the first time you hear it and make the connection. :smiley-char092:

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 07:20:38 PM »
This is the craziest thing you've ever heard!!!
But if you want to make perfect and I mean "PERFECT" hollow pop clucks???
Get yourself a children's cork pop gun,,I mean literally a kids toy,,the kind of kids toy gun that has a cork you put into the end of the barrel and its connected by a string.
When you pull the trigger and it's forced out of the barrel it sounds amazingly like a real hen turkey cluck and I mean dead on accurate. I even thought of entering a calling contest in the cluck division if they had one.
If you think I'm crazy give it a try it will amaze you the first time you hear it and make the connection. :smiley-char092:
Wait until H.S. Strut figures that one out if guys liked the Squealing Hen...  :TooFunny:

Offline milertyme03

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 01:28:41 PM »
On a diaphragm u kinda want to pop open your lips as youbl plow a quick short burst of air that's how I do it atleast

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2020, 01:42:07 PM »
If I am trying to get a mouth call to have a deeper or more hallow sound I kinda drop my jaw way down and make the sound while pulling my tongue back and only allowing my mouth to be open a tiny bit if you know what I mean.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2020, 10:47:55 AM »
Regardless of how you end up being able to make a "bubble cluck", you need to fully understand the sound and its use in turkey hunting.  Why do I say that? ….Because the bubble cluck sounds an awful lot like the alarm putt.  Use it at the wrong time and/or in the wrong manner and you will be hurting yourself more than helping. 

The bubble cluck is a cool sound,...but quite honestly, I believe most hunters are better off staying away from it in their turkey calling.  It has been popularized through the contest calling circuit where human ears judge the sound.  Turkey ears can interpret that sound completely differently.