Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

AZ Triple Bearded Gould's

Started by cramerhunts, May 11, 2020, 01:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cramerhunts

After my fast and furious Mexico trip it was time to get to scouting for my Arizona Gould's tag. I had an incredible time hiking in the Chiricahua Mountain Wilderness the day before the opener finding a lot of birds and no worries of running into another hunter. That part done I found a few birds closer to camp and decided to give them a go off the roost the next morning. They had a big group of hens spread out between two toms and they all went off together off the limb. I gathered up with my hunting buddies and headed off to the Wilderness. It wasn't long into the hike when I struck a  bird. We cut the distance in half and got set up. He came in spitting and drumming and putting on a heck of a show. I let the 20 bark and a load of Apex 9's was on the way. I was pleasantly surprised when I flipped him over and spotted his three beards of 6.25", 9" and 9.5"! What a great ending to a fabulous season.

xarcher

What a pretty tail fan. Gotta put that in my bucket list. Congrats on what sounds like a good day in the wilderness.

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

reflexl

3seasons

Doesn't get much better than that.  Huge congrats. Beautiful bird

3bailey3

awesome bird and some great pics, Congrats.

harleytom

Wow! What a beautiful bird! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FullChoke

Mexican and Arizona Gould's in the same season? I thought the borders were closed to immigration. Fantastic hunt and bird. Congratulations.

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

PharmHunter

BBR12