OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Custom pot calls  (Read 7376 times)

Offline Mad_Baron

• Mad Baron Calls
Re: Custom pot calls
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2020, 07:53:59 AM »
Is there a particular type of wood or calling surface you are looking for?  By custom do you mean a exotic wood, decorative type call or just a call you can choose wood type and materials?  There is a million choices out there.  A lot of call makers do not have websites and Facebook turkey call groups will get you a lot of names to consider and pictures of call also.  Good hunting!

Take a serious look at this guy (Mad Baron)! His pots are as good as anything in my collection & I have a bunch. Reasonably priced & great service. I have Platz, Corder, Wynne, etc & I keep picking his up & running it. Clay Townsend, Paul Hicks, or Steve Morgenstern all make great calls & their service is outstanding too! Really hard to go wrong with all the great call makers out there right now!

Thank you very much for the kind words, I appreciate it.  I continue to try and make my pot calls better and better.
John Haines

Mad Baron Calls
NWTF Chapter President
NWTF Indiana State Board Member

Online Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2020, 09:21:18 AM »
Is there a particular type of wood or calling surface you are looking for?  By custom do you mean a exotic wood, decorative type call or just a call you can choose wood type and materials?  There is a million choices out there.  A lot of call makers do not have websites and Facebook turkey call groups will get you a lot of names to consider and pictures of call also.  Good hunting!

Take a serious look at this guy (Mad Baron)! His pots are as good as anything in my collection & I have a bunch. Reasonably priced & great service. I have Platz, Corder, Wynne, etc & I keep picking his up & running it. Clay Townsend, Paul Hicks, or Steve Morgenstern all make great calls & their service is outstanding too! Really hard to go wrong with all the great call makers out there right now!

Thank you very much for the kind words, I appreciate it.  I continue to try and make my pot calls better and better.

X2, you guys are all fantastic......we all have great options.......
“Solo hunter”

Offline PALongspur

• Longbeard
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2020, 02:32:02 PM »
Mark Cornelius is as fine a fella as you’ll find and his calls are top notch.

I’m also quite fond of all of my Cody calls and anything that makes its way out of Roger Parks’s dungeon.