turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Long Box Purchase under $200 or less

Started by model94, May 09, 2020, 10:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loyalist84

The OP, since they took the trouble to put their budget in the title...

Trumpet caller

Watkins was already stated by someone else and to be completely honest the title should had been $200 or less. I see you like to knit pick and should of read the post and kept it moving instead of trolling  :z-twocents

gdc23

Another vote for Ernie Fetters. Easy playing, great sound.

rakkin6

I only have one longbox and it is a Jeff Mckamey. Bought it in February at the NWTF. Cost a bird his life in March. It is a Black Limba and Paduak.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

sixbird

My vote would be Ernie Fetters. Great guy, makes a great call and timely service. I have a bunch of them including a one of one and a one of two.

Crghss

Quote from: Greg Massey on May 09, 2020, 10:23:04 AM
Ernie Fetter's longbox , he makes one of the best for the money.. you can get one for around 125 dollars shipped and you will not be disappointed in the sound and quality of his longboxes. Ernie has been making calls for a long time with lot's of history behind his call building ...

Absolutely love my Fetters long box. It is just Fun to play.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Sir-diealot

Got this one from Ernie Fetters on the 24th Chestnut and ipe with holly inlay on the top Longbox.

IMG_1137 (2) by Sir-diealot, on Flickr
IMG_1133 (2) by Sir-diealot, on Flickr
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tom007

Wow, beauty...good luck with it my friend....
"Solo hunter"

Fallturkey86

Ernie Fetters is the real deal.

model94

Update: I purchased Dan Wittenberg's Long Box/ Cedar over Sitka Spruce. He is  Class Act and he was awesome to work with!! When I get the call, I will try to upload pictures. Thank you to everyone that responded!!

aclawrence

Looking forward to seeing your call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brwndg

David Hallorans long boxes are awesome. Have both and they are Turkey killing machines
"If turkeys could smell, you'd never kill one" - Bud Trenis my turkey hunting mentor & dear friend

jed clampett

Give Jeff McKamey a holler..I am sure he may still have some longboxes that they never went to unicoi.
I got a bloodwood over black limba that sounds awesome

MO_HUNTER

I bought a long box from Bob Fulcher at the NWTF convention last year... man, that thing sounds fantastic. Used it last year and had great success with it.

aclawrence

Quote from: model94 on December 01, 2020, 11:18:34 PM
Update: I purchased Dan Wittenberg's Long Box/ Cedar over Sitka Spruce. He is  Class Act and he was awesome to work with!! When I get the call, I will try to upload pictures. Thank you to everyone that responded!!
Did you get your call yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk