OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

cold this weekend

Started by captfire, May 08, 2020, 08:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captfire

YOU GUYS THATS GOING THIS WEEKEND DRESS WARM IT'S GOING TO BE COLD . HOPE U ALL GET ONE ARE 2 GOOD LUCK. I'LL BE SETING AT HOME DONE TAGED OUT . HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE AND STAY WARM...

Happy

The mountains of Western Md this morning. 24 degrees out. I stayed home to catch up on week and free up some time for next week. Was supposed to have the week off but my boss "forgot" and scheduled me to teach a week long class as well as 2 job startups and a conference meeting. Fortunately the class doesn't start until week after next but need to prep today.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

captfire

LOVE THE SNOW WE DIDN'T GET ANY SNOW THIS YEAR IN KY . PUT GOT ALL KINDS OF RAIN . GOT A BIG FROST THIS MORNING GOT TO GO CHECK THE GARDEN I HOPE IT DIDN'T GET IT KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED.

bigriverbum

32 degrees here in wisconsin.  Been dropping into low 40s highs in 50s for weeks. One or 2 nice days mixed in

Sir-diealot

My body needed a break so I stayed home, froze 2 days ago, had to leave 2 hours into the hunt because I could not stop shaking and was dropping stuff.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

1iagobblergetter

We're planning on hunting this afternoon and tomorrow morning.
We should have been done,but my son missed one. I'm throwing the winter clothes on for the morning. Im sure once the season is over the weather will shape up..

Greg Massey

Good luck guys , that cold weather sure does make the old bones hurt..

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on May 09, 2020, 09:41:24 AM
Yes it sure does lol I am not as old as some of the others but my accidents make me feel much older. Woke up this morning and had to work the right hand a bit as the ring finger was acting up with some trigger finger. I had to have the middle finger on that hand operated on because of that, hoping this one does not get that bad, I used to have to have the GF grab the middle finger and straighten it for me every morning.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 09, 2020, 09:49:42 AM
Quote from: Greg Massey on May 09, 2020, 09:41:24 AM
Yes it sure does lol I am not as old as some of the others but my accidents make me feel much older. Woke up this morning and had to work the right hand a bit as the ring finger was acting up with some trigger finger. I had to have the middle finger on that hand operated on because of that, hoping this one does not get that bad, I used to have to have the GF grab the middle finger and straighten it for me every morning.
Well , keep getting those hand massages ...

Yoder409

What a bunch of crap THIS is !!!!!

May 9th and I'm hunting in my Arctic Shield and 1200 gram Rutmasters !!!!    Blizzard last night.   Woke up to 25 degrees and windy.   Blizzard about 30 minutes ago..........   I was out hunting in the elements til about 9:00.   Been in a blind hugging my handwarmer packs ever since.

This is freakin ridiculous !!!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Yoder409 on May 09, 2020, 10:47:15 AM
What a bunch of crap THIS is !!!!!

May 9th and I'm hunting in my Arctic Shield and 1200 gram Rutmasters !!!!    Blizzard last night.   Woke up to 25 degrees and windy.   Blizzard about 30 minutes ago..........   I was out hunting in the elements til about 9:00.   Been in a blind hugging my handwarmer packs ever since.

This is freakin ridiculous !!!!!
It would not be so bad for me but when I lost all the weight I sold all my good winter gear and now I am regretting it.

John Koenig:

yelpy

18° on the hill this morning. By 8:30 I was packing it in. No birds to be heard so I came home and curled up on the couch under a nice warm blanket and took a knap.

RED NECK

It has been nasty for 3 days up here,I went home at 9 am today and my father ended up hunting with my mother this afternoon and she killed a gobbler,20.6 lbs, 1 1/8" spurs and a 9.5" beard.She shot it about 10 minutes after the snow blizzard cleared.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on May 09, 2020, 06:19:11 PM
It has been nasty for 3 days up here,I went home at 9 am today and my father ended up hunting with my mother this afternoon and she killed a gobbler,20.6 lbs, 1 1/8" spurs and a 9.5" beard.She shot it about 10 minutes after the snow blizzard cleared.
At least that gives me some hope...Gobblers seem tight beaked all season. We managed to kill a couple,but it hasnt been a great year and then with more crap cold weather. We'll dress warm and give them heck for awhile anyway..

Greg Massey

Now you guys are getting a taste of our early April weather , cold. rain and wind .... First part of our season it's coveralls and long johns ....1000 gram boots