OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tree yelper

Started by Turkeyman62, May 06, 2020, 02:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abomb

Having never played a tree yelper. Whats the difference/sound than a regular yelper? Neat looking little calls

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

ol bob

You can play them softer, and they have a hollower sound like a bird on the roost.

Abomb

Quote from: ol bob on May 09, 2020, 10:39:24 AM
You can play them softer, and they have a hollower sound like a bird on the roost.
Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

EZ

Quote from: 2nd 100 on May 07, 2020, 02:14:53 AM
I will x2 on the Clay Townsend , Spur Hill tree yelper .
Mine was used opening morning in Georgia to kill the 2 nd one ever killed with his tree yelper . Fitting since I coned him out of one that he was going to use himself . Very good guy and some fine calls they making up at Spur Hill .
Mine is Snakewood and some pretty white bone , with a wingbone style mouthpiece .

X3. I ran Clay's tree yelper at Unicoi and I'd put it with the best I ever ran. Sounded like water drops in a rain barrel and very easily run.

Chris O

Quote from: 2nd 100 on May 07, 2020, 02:14:53 AM
I will x2 on the Clay Townsend , Spur Hill tree yelper .
Mine was used opening morning in Georgia to kill the 2 nd one ever killed with his tree yelper . Fitting since I coned him out of one that he was going to use himself . Very good guy and some fine calls they making up at Spur Hill .
Mine is Snakewood and some pretty white bone , with a wingbone style mouthpiece .
ShagHill is the name of Clay's calls and he is a great guy to deal with. All of their calls are great sounding

2nd 100

Thank you for addressing the typo Chris . Glad you caught it .

EZ

Lee Bowles makes a sweet little cane tree yelper that is hard to beat.