OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Burris FF3 battery cap coming off  (Read 2105 times)

Offline MattinIdaho

Burris FF3 battery cap coming off
« on: May 06, 2020, 11:04:29 AM »
I just mounted a ff3 on a speedbead mount for my Nelli M2. Love the look and lightweight. But while sighting it in the battery cap and battery flew out 3 times. The first time I blamed it on me not tightening it enough. The second time I was sure it was tight. The third time it happened I had it screwed down so tight that it stripped the cap a bit. That slot for the cap is so shallow. Its tough to get a good solid bite. Anyhoo, it did come off again. This is happening after 3-5 rounds. I realize I am not going to be shooting 3-5 shots in the woods. But I don't like it. I don't get lots of chances in a spring. I can't have equipment failure when I do get a shot. Anyone got a remedy for this? Blue locktite? For now l'll get another cap that not stripped and snug it down. But it just doesn't seem like an ideal setup. Stripping it out was a bummer too. Whatever that cap is made of is soft soft soft. I was being careful when I snugged it down. I've ran a speed dot for over 10 years and it has been rock solid. So I am a Burris fan. I hope I can get this fixed to where the cap coming off never enters my mind. I have read a few comments about this being a problem. But thought I would run it by here and see if anyone has ran into this problem.

Offline hootgobbleyelpgobble

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
Re: Burris FF3 battery cap coming off
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 11:11:19 AM »
I would be calling Burris and getting an answer straight from the horse mouth on that one....

I have not heard of a battery cap coming off like that before.

Offline PharmHunter

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 11:27:51 AM »
Call Burris...They will make it right. 

Offline MattinIdaho

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 11:31:32 AM »
 for Burris FastFire III Red Dot Reflex Sight, w/ Optional Picatinny Mount
 by Charley, from PA, United States January 15, 2020
Every 30-35 rounds battery cap pops off .... cannot recommend. It’s level with sight and tight, just wont stay that way.

This review explains what I'm experiencing. I've read a few others as well. Glad to hear Burris has good customer service. Like I mentioned before. I love my Burris Speed Bead. Its been a super great dot.

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 11:35:49 AM »
I've had that issue in the past, eventually I got it on well enough it hasn't happened since

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offline SOCOM304

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 12:22:35 PM »
The same thing happened to a friends brand new FF3 this spring. He took his pocketknife and shaved a sliver off the O ring that is in the cap. It sealed up great and hasn’t been an issue since.

Offline FL-Boss

• Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2020, 01:56:45 PM »
use a different battery brand. There are micro differences in each brand. I have 4 of these FF3... once I started using Duracell batteries my cap issues went away. Goes on easy every time.  Search the forum... common issue.

Offline Bobby5

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2020, 07:53:38 PM »
use a different battery brand. There are micro differences in each brand. I have 4 of these FF3... once I started using Duracell batteries my cap issues went away. Goes on easy every time.  Search the forum... common issue.
Different battery makes all the difference in the world. I called Burris and they even said use a different battery other than there’s. Had a hell of a time getting the battery that came with it in. Bought a durracel it was easy as can be.