OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Side by Side 20 experience?  (Read 5211 times)

Offline crow

• Double Beard
Re: Side by Side 20 experience?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2022, 09:36:18 AM »
I didn't camo the bobwhite or the old sxs's

but if you want a fast easy to remove camo, the camo vet wrap from Tractor supply works good.
It goes on and off fast and easy, if it leaves any residue that will come right off with rubbing alcohol.

I do use it on an old single shot, blends nice and takes the glare away. the texture of the wrap also helps to keep the gun from sliding off your knee when sitting.

Offline DocHolliday

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2022, 08:43:17 AM »
Owlhoot,
I have Oarkerized the barrels of a couple Bobwhites to knock the shine off. Works really well and looks great too!

Offline Mallard1897

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2023, 06:30:54 PM »
I have the bobwhite g2 all terrain 20ga and I will say it's a tough little gun. Held up to two waterfowl seasons of hard use and points well.

Picked the g2 all terrain with the intent of having a turkey and waterfowl gun I didn't have to baby.

I've had problems with it patterning low with 3" #5 long beards and a tru-loc extra full flush choke with just the factory bead. I've been told straight grip stocks can sometimes pattern low. Anyone have a similar issue? Would love to take it out in the woods this spring if I could get the pattern height centered.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2023, 08:19:27 PM »
Nice Pic Mallard1897

My Bobwhite patterned low for me when aiming like a rifle, I put a mid bead on it for a rear sight and that raised POI to shoot "on", the mid bead also doesn't interfere with wingshooting

you could also cut a dovetail in the rib and slide a plain rear sight in it for turkey, take it out for ducks

Doc Holliday put a Skinner rear peep sight on his Bobwhite which would also work good