OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Taxidermist in Cny  (Read 1798 times)

Offline adamtb

Taxidermist in Cny
« on: May 03, 2020, 09:50:49 PM »
Hey guys I’m looking to see if anyone knows of any exceptional turkey taxidermist in the central New York Region.... I always took my turkeys to Sam lancing who did amazing work but unfortunately passed away. If anyone has any recommendations it would be greatly appreciated. Also if there’s any taxidermist you guys know of that is elsewhere in the country that does exceptional turkeys but ships I would be interested in checking out their websites if you have links. Thanks

Offline bonasa

Re: Taxidermist in Cny
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 03:56:15 PM »
Mark Vitch in esperance, does my birds and a good friends of mine.

Offline Josh_Alloy_Calls

Re: Taxidermist in Cny
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 10:22:44 PM »
I know this thread is older, but I feel like I could chime in.
I just sent a bird to Ryan Scearce at Billingsby Road Taxidermy in Paris TN.
I have heard great things, and I have seen his work at the NWTF convention in Nashville.
He sent me directions on how to freeze it, and I followed those and it went very well.  As far as shipping it, he told me to ship it 2 day and it would be close to thawed enough to skin when he gets it.
I took it 1 step further and wrapped the bird in home insulation prior to shipping.  He said it was frozen solid when he got it after 2 days in a hot truck/warehouse.  Shipping cost me maybe $50.
I am hoping to get the bird back around Spring of next year, but he said he usually has a roughly 6 month lead time.
Ryan and his business are both on FB, and he responds to messages very well.
Hope this helps!!

Josh