OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: ?s on Knight TK 2000 jug choke system  (Read 5486 times)

Offline mnbirdbuster

?s on Knight TK 2000 jug choke system
« on: May 15, 2011, 02:44:46 PM »
This gun has been marketed by Knight as being most effective when loaded to the max and utilizing a shotcup ??? Part of me just doesnt get it, the jug choke design in traditional muzzleloaders is loaded like this normally...powder, over powder wad, lubed vegetable or felt wad, shot, and then over shot card! The design of the jug choke would need something to work with to work effectively, IE flooded with shot that can follow the outer edges of the choke upon leaving the choke! When using a shotcup, im not so certain that the choking itself isnt done with the shotcup vs the jug choke which defeats the purpose! A friend and i have tried several diff combinations of loading this gun traditionally as well as with the shotcups and although both throw clobbering patterns, it seems that loaded traditionally, (even though its more involved) seems to put more pellets within the kill zone! I wish we had a few patterns layin around from our testing to add a little more proof for you guys! That being said however, i wouldnt shoot hevi shot or the like without the use of a shotcup as it protects the barrel!

Offline Longshanks

• Longbeard
Re: ?s on Knight TK 2000 jug choke system
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 03:04:27 PM »
Could you post the exact over powder wad, lubed wad, over shot card that you are using to produce these patterns. Im am interested in trying it but dont want to go on a science project effort to determine which ones work the best.  Thanks. :thanks:

Offline mnbirdbuster

Re: ?s on Knight TK 2000 jug choke system
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 05:50:46 PM »
Everything for this can be purchased from Ballistic Products! The wads, cards, shot, etc! That being said we try to keep it simple as well, as its the nature of the gun! The only two things thatll need to be purchased to load the gun traditionally are the .070 Mini Nitro Cards, and 1/4" felt wads! Take 2 of the .070 Nitro Cards and glue them together, thatll be your over powder card! Then lube  the felt wads with some sort of lubricant! I shoot traditional muzzleloaders anyway, so i went with T/C Bore Butter! I squeezed a bunch of it into a coffee can over low heat on the stove and melted it down to a vaseline type consistency! I then rubbed a generous amount into the felt wads! No need to do 'em all as you will get 250 of em, but just a few dozen and you should be set! the Bore Butter isnt real runny, and thats what i like about it! so now we have powder charge, we use 100gr ffg T7, then a piggy backed over powder card, lubed felt wad, shot, and then a single .070 Mini nitro Card as the over shot card!