turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Little man got it done on his own

Started by Chris O, May 02, 2020, 09:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris O

Proud of my youngest he went hunting on his own and got it done with a Brian Mero trumpet. Few clucks and they came to 20 yds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Clovis67

Way to go ! Awesome to see younger generation getting after em!! The ol Mero trumpet is a deadly turkey calling instrument no doubt about it.

Chris O

He was pretty pumped. I asked him to let me hear how he called he said the first couple yelps sucked but then he got better with it. He finally played a sequence for me and he sounded really good. I told him he can kill turkeys all day long with that calling. I used to hear him practice in his room but haven't heard him play in awhile. The Mero is a fine playing trumpet for sure and that's why I gave that one to him. My oldest got a AGE or Anthony Ellis which is another fine playing call.

shoer2

paboxcall

Good deal, Chris. Congrats to the young man.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Mathews.1

bobk

crow

Very nice, good job on your calling and shooting

1iagobblergetter

Neat hearing he got it done by himself. Congrats to him for a great milestone and also to you for showing him the way.

Chris O

He is on fire now he called one in for the old man this morning.

He even carried it out for me. This was a great weekend. We killed this one behind our house on my little 4 acre piece of timber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huntinsomd

That's awesome...proud dad moments for sure!

EZ

Congrats to the young man. Beautiful Mero Trumpet.