OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Let's see them Pumps

Started by nchuntn, May 01, 2020, 07:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefOsceola

Quote from: fmf on February 09, 2021, 08:43:45 PM
Mossberg 500 12 gauge with Truglo SSX .643 and Kingslayer sight
Mossberg 510 mini 20 gauge 18.5 bbl with Carlson's LB .568 and Holosun 507c
That mini is a bad dude!
Tell me more about this 510 mini.

I've been eyeing this lately and think it has the potential to be a fun little turkey gun. Any drawbacks to the 18.5 inch barrel? How much weight does the magpul stock add?

fmf

Double trouble there, 2 beauties...
[/quote]

Thanks!

[/quote]

Agree, like that camo job too.
[/quote]

Thanks!  That is a fresh paint job, I usually repaint and change it up every couple of years just to pass time waiting on turkey season

[/quote]
Tell me more about this 510 mini.

I've been eyeing this lately and think it has the potential to be a fun little turkey gun. Any drawbacks to the 18.5 inch barrel? How much weight does the magpul stock add?
[/quote]

I really like that little gun!  The bad - it doesn't seem to be quite as well built as the 500's for whatever reason.  It seems a little clunky, but I can work with clunky.  The main reason that I say that its clunky is that the forend slightly rubs on the receiver when pumped.  I've been on the lookout for another forend that fits the little gun that doesn't rub, but I haven't found anything yet.  It is definitely a fun gun and I prefer to carry it over the 12.  There are no drawbacks that I've found to the short barrel other than maybe it doesn't like to be choked too hard, that .568 is perfect, .555 is very blown.  It will hold a killing pattern with TSS farther than you'd want to shoot one.  That magpul stock is rather heavy for a stock, I think I weighed it at a pound and a half off the gun.  It puts the balance point directly under the sight, but makes it nice when its up on a knee.  I just threw the gun on my scale and as it sits with the sight on it it is 5 lbs 15 oz, so still a sub 6 pound gun.  The overall length from the tip of choke to the end of the pad, with 2 spacers installed, is just a hair under 38" so you can setup in the thick stuff no problem.  Just holler if you have any more questions!

Goat boy

Some good looking turkey guns! Especially that old school bottomland 870!!

THattaway

"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Tom007

Quote from: THattaway on February 11, 2021, 07:33:19 AM

Now that's a line-up of beautiful 1300's, turkey dusters for sure! Oh, yes a fantastic 870 too....
"Solo hunter"

eddie234

Two Winchester 1300's and a Remington 20ga. I recently bought a Bushnell red dot. Trying to decide white one gets it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tom007

Quote from: eddie234 on February 11, 2021, 10:34:45 AM
Two Winchester 1300's and a Remington 20ga. I recently bought a Bushnell red dot. Trying to decide white one gets it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow, beauties there....
"Solo hunter"

Gobble!

870 Max Gobbler
.675 Indian Creek
Burris FF3
Timney Trigger

Before and after dip.

ChiefOsceola

Quote from: Gobble! on February 12, 2021, 02:19:02 PM
870 Max Gobbler
.675 Indian Creek
Burris FF3
Timney Trigger

Before and after dip.

Wow...night and day difference. That new dip looks great, what is it?

How long was the previous dip on there before it started to wear away or fade?

TJR

Couple of my pump guns.
20 ga. 870 youth and 12 ga. Supermag.
Have my old 20 wingmaster mag at gunsmith getting barrel cut and threaded for tubes. I'll post that up when I get it back. Hopefully before the season starts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozarks Hillbilly

870 Max Gobbler
.675 Indian Creek
Burris FF3
Timney Trigger

Before and after dip.

Curious if you are now using it without recoil pad? I noticed it wasn't on the gun in the current picture. 

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

rakkin6

Mossberg 835 in Mossy Oak Bottomland  with Indian Creek .675 and Doctor red dot sight.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Gobble!

Quote from: ChiefOsceola on February 12, 2021, 02:26:21 PM
870 Max Gobbler
.675 Indian Creek
Burris FF3
Timney Trigger

Before and after dip.

Wow...night and day difference. That new dip looks great, what is it?

How long was the previous dip on there before it started to wear away or fade?

Best guess is it was about 10 years old, original factory camo. The black forend was added because I liked that shurshot style more than the original. New dip is new bottomland.

Gobble!

Quote from: Ozarks Hillbilly on February 14, 2021, 12:47:57 PM
870 Max Gobbler
.675 Indian Creek
Burris FF3
Timney Trigger

Before and after dip.

Curious if you are now using it without recoil pad? I noticed it wasn't on the gun in the current picture. 

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

No I just hadn't put it back on at that point.