turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Member Here...Wingbone Question

Started by Kyle Taylor, May 01, 2020, 09:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyle Taylor

Hey guys, I'm new on here and I've really enjoyed reading older posts. This year, I've built a few wingbone calls for the first time, just for made them for my dad, a couple of friends and myself. I really like the way they sound, but I'd like to dress them up. I know there are several call makers on here, and I'd like to pick some brains about threadwork if anyone is willing. Thanks!

Southerngobbler

I'm not a call maker but I know you have to smooth out the joints -usually with some sort of epoxy or whatever you have and then typically use fishing rod wrapping technics  to dress them up. The smoother you get the joints the better.

Sir-diealot

Looks good, I am in the middle of building my first now.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

EZ

Quote from: Kyle Taylor on May 01, 2020, 09:51:40 AM
Hey guys, I'm new on here and I've really enjoyed reading older posts. This year, I've built a few wingbone calls for the first time, just for made them for my dad, a couple of friends and myself. I really like the way they sound, but I'd like to dress them up. I know there are several call makers on here, and I'd like to pick some brains about threadwork if anyone is willing. Thanks!

Looks like a nice job so far. I use epoxy putty (PC WOODY) that comes in a stick with one part inside the other. You just slice off what you need and mix it together with your fingers. Put it on the joint and smooth with a wet finger. The next day you can sand it smooth.
I get all my thread from the "Mud Hole", a rod making supply house.

Good luck.