OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Permar Classic or .45

Started by davisd9, April 30, 2020, 11:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Does anyone have a sound file of either the Permar Classic or .45?  Would like to get a feel for them.  Would love to hear his Spring trumpet as well.  Thanks!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

paboxcall

Quote from: davisd9 on April 30, 2020, 11:36:46 AM
Does anyone have a sound file of either the Permar Classic or .45?  Would like to get a feel for them.  Would love to hear his Spring trumpet as well.  Thanks!

Ring Ralph - he'll run them for you over the phone. He's a great guy to chat about turkey hunting too. Time well spent.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

davisd9

Quote from: paboxcall on April 30, 2020, 11:53:57 AM
Quote from: davisd9 on April 30, 2020, 11:36:46 AM

Ring Ralph - he'll run them for you over the phone. He's a great guy to chat about turkey hunting too. Time well spent.

Rather research it here to decide if I want to make the step of calling him. Lots of guys here seem to have one so hope to hear it then go from there. Can pm cell number if texting a file is easier
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

nitro

Royal Slam 2008

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

davisd9

Thanks to everyone that shared some information on Mr. Permar's calls. It is greatly appreciated and helped me decide to try a .45 in the near future. He has a lot of choices and it really helped me narrow things down. Thanks again!

1iagobblergetter

Whatever you end up getting will be a good one. Ralph will take the time with you to get the one that suites you.

Bowhuntr73

Ralph's trumpets are my favorite. Got a bunch , he's the only person that I have never felt makes a call for me. No pressure just designs a call for my expectations and delivers, no pressure - just a craftsman that delivers.