OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Short barrel gun advice

Started by Tom007, April 29, 2020, 07:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Perfect, nice safe strategy.......
"Solo hunter"

Turkeytider

I have slings on two of my 870`s , my turkey gun with a 23" barrel and a 28" 870 Express. The Express is usually slung over my back, ALWAYS unloaded, usually coming and going from a dove field. My 870 turkey gun, because I`m usually carrying something else, is slung inverted, barrel down, over my shoulder. Taught to do that in the Army.

Tom007

Good advice, thank you.......
"Solo hunter"

greencop01

I love my short barreled 870 Turkey/Predator. Ease of carrying, no hang ups, great for range of motion on set up. What I do most of the time I've found easier carrying w/the barrel pointing down. Haven't had a problem but I'll have my buddy check my carrying next year. Good thread.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Tom007

Good idea, thanks, be safe......
"Solo hunter"

Greg Massey

Never had a problem with short barrel , that's why the gun has safety ... thanks for making us aware of the shorter barrels ..

Iamlegend

excellent observation, thanks for sharing. While I tend to carry mine with the chamber empty until I get in the blind, I do believe the old adage that all guns should be treated as though they were loaded. Thanks again

Tom007

"Solo hunter"