OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Sunday Devotional 05/15/11 According to the Power !!!

Started by pappy, May 15, 2011, 10:57:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

There are times when I read my bible certain scriptures will jump out and grab me, I am sure that is the case with just about everyone. This morning I was reading in Ephesians, the 3rd chapter and as I read this verse screamed to me...(20) " Now unto him that is able to do exceeding, abundantly, above all that we ask or think according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end, amen."
Paul was talking about the restoration of the church, these verses 14 - 21 were his prayer for realization, that Christ may dwell, in their hearts, by faith...I believe this is also applicable to each individual believer who from time to time, who may be struggling in a questionable sea of doubt.
There have been times when our FAITH has been tested, sickness, seems to be the number one reason, I know from my own experiences, but I would like to share with you all this morning what I see in verse 20.....NOW..means now not tomorrow not yesterday, we offer the praise and glory to God NOW for what He has or will do in our lives, UNTO HIM..not another person or a pastor or some one else, but to GOD and GOD alone we offer this praise, THAT IS ABLE.. oh my, He is able to take all of our needs and put them into His hands and take care of them, no matter what they are, TO DO..not to promise to do or maybe to do, but to do, to be active in our lives, God isn't going to sit on His hands waiting He is a doing God, EXCEEDINGbeyond any expectations, farther then we could imagine, until He has accomplished what He sets out to do in our lives, ABUNDANTLY.. more then enough, God's reserves never run dry, ABOVE ALL THAT WE ASK..this is the key, asking by faith not out of fear or strife, but faith believing, we ask and He listens and delivers, OR THINK.. the heart knows our deepest desires and our thoughts are known by God, before we open our mouths, before we imagine our needs, He knows and attends to them, ACCORDING TO THE POWER..the Holy Ghost, the Spirit of God the Comforter and our Spiritual Guide, THAT WORKETH..He is not lazy He is not slothfull nor unwilling to attend or act upon our needs, uttering those needs to God before we know what to say or how to say it, IN US ..as a church or individual, God works wonders with each need, His Spirit dwells within the church that works by Faith and the person who lives by Faith.
This is why it is so important to remember that when those doubts rise up in our lives that we come to him through Faith and not fear, if we are seeking for a total restoration or if we need a wake up call, let us realize WHO we are dealing with and how HE is going to react. Let us bring Him honor and glory, through the lives that we live, let us keep the great commision as a church, not for our sakes, but His and His alone. Let us listen to the Holy Ghost, and not to ourselves, let us remember what He has done for us and believe that He will do for us again and again in the coming future.
Thank you Lord, for your graciouness and mercy and thank you for your attention in my meager life. Watch over me Lord like one of your little ones, help me to believe and to seek out your authority in my life, that I may be a blessing to you. In Jesus name, amen.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Duke0002

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)