OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Halloran Cedar/Purpleheart HELP  (Read 4056 times)

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Halloran Cedar/Purpleheart HELP
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2020, 06:52:30 PM »
The box has all the chalk it needs , just take your time and learn to play ..

Offline Yelper

• Longbeard
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2020, 08:22:18 AM »
Most of these guys know more than I do but I normally chalk a larger area myself? Would that make any difference guys?

No need to chalk the whole lid, the lid only touches a small part of the rail and after running it you can see the area you need to chalk.

Offline longbow59

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2020, 01:12:01 PM »
I would call and get Dave on the phone and play the call, maybe he could help you.

Offline 2nd 100

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2020, 01:09:51 PM »
All David's calls have a heavy lid to aide in calling . the call should play without any extra pressure on the lid . stroke it across and you should get a fair sound , just remember to keep lid in contact going both ways . and only maybe a slight amount of pressure downward on lid . it came ready to play as all his calls do . may take a couple days to acclimate to your humidity levels , and you can scotchbrite the chalk off and reapply after that .

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2020, 07:54:23 PM »
Kinda surprised you find that box difficult. It’s a really good, easy to run box. Sounds great too. You tube David Halloran running box calls. Got a box call mistakes video too.
One thing no one is mentioning, the 2nd part of the yelp is when you get to the concave section on the box. If you don’t reach that the call won’t break into the second part

Offline Adirondacks89

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2020, 12:09:34 PM »
Kinda surprised you find that box difficult. It’s a really good, easy to run box. Sounds great too. You tube David Halloran running box calls. Got a box call mistakes video too.
One thing no one is mentioning, the 2nd part of the yelp is when you get to the concave section on the box. If you don’t reach that the call won’t break into the second part

I agree. I have 3 of his short boxes and 2 long boxes and they’re always ready to go right out of the box. Sounds like it just might be a practice thing if you’re not familiar with running box calls.

Offline GunRunner

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2020, 10:53:42 PM »
100% agreement with Longbow59.......call David for assistance.

He is an award winning call maker and delivers his box calls tuned and ready to go. I have three of his
box calls and all were delivered tuned and sounding great right out of the box.

I am sure he will assist you if it is related to playing it correctly.....and as a professional call maker, I        know if there is some kind of issue with his product, he will make it good.

Call him today!

GunRunner