OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Woodhaven Crystal Vision

Started by Spitten and drummen, April 27, 2020, 08:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

I inquired about one of these about a week ago and got some mixed opinions as I knew I would. I found one and got it in a trade. Call showed up Saturday and I got to put some time in with it. Now , I am a big time custom call guy but as I said before , I have found a few production calls that are better sounding than alot of custom calls. This call did not disappoint. I found it well made and like the pot design. It has a very high front with that noticeable distinguished 2 note yelp. It has a very nice nasally rasp on the backend. It seems to be a little more picky on striker pressure and angle. It runs smooth and effortlessly. The sweet spot seems smaller than many pot calls and its easy to get some unwanted squill on the front if you open up on it but its minor and falls into a very nice sounding yelp. I am a fan of the twisted sister and crystal mistress and I would put it in their class but my sister is hard to beat. I have a Southland yellowheart crystal that is very nice and I believe the vision and Southland are pretty equal. I just wanted to give some of you some feedback on it. I would not hesitate to buy one again and it will see the woods next year.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

outdoors

Appreciate the input , very interesting
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Sir-diealot

Glad to hear you ended up liking it.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

boatpaddle

Glad it worked out for you...

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

Tom Dooley

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this call.

Braunschweiger

Hey bud, I'm glad it didn't disappoint you. It wasn't for me (I just didn't care for the sound and have other calls I liked better) - thanks for the trade, sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Braunschweiger on April 29, 2020, 01:07:11 PM
Hey bud, I'm glad it didn't disappoint you. It wasn't for me (I just didn't care for the sound and have other calls I liked better) - thanks for the trade, sir.

Hope you was happy with what you got. Thanks again my friend.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Braunschweiger

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on April 29, 2020, 01:43:29 PM

Absolutely. The fiddle box runs great. Thanks again!

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Braunschweiger on April 29, 2020, 01:44:35 PM
Quote from: Spitten and drummen on April 29, 2020, 01:43:29 PM

Absolutely. The fiddle box runs great. Thanks again!

I actually got one last hunt in tuesday and used the call. Called up a hen to about 20 yards and had her hang around for about 10 minutes. Turkey season is done . Not a gobble other than a few in the tree over the last week. They gobble at each other a little and meet up and not another peep.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

perrytrails

The aluminum is a great call as well. Slick anodized surface was my only complaint.

Don't hesitate to pick one up if you have the opportunity.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: perrytrails on May 04, 2020, 06:49:30 PM
The aluminum is a great call as well. Slick anodized surface was my only complaint.

Don't hesitate to pick one up if you have the opportunity.

I actually found one brand new at a good price. Should be here tomorrow. Thanks
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

turkeymanjim

I have both the crystal vision and aluminum. Both calls have high front end in them plus a good break on the end. Had a vision crystal in my hand at a cabelas one day, it just didn't have the high front end and the rollover that I like. I guess it best if you can play them first. Good luck with yours, I enjoy playing mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Interesting , thanks for letting us know about Woodhaven crystal.

Spitten and drummen

I really like the vision. Its a great sounding crystal.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

worth612000

Everybody calls them a big mass production company. I'am surprised when there's more than 3-4 trucks in the parking lot. The vision I have is one of Neil Herman hand selected that he used in competitions back when he worked for Woodhaven.