OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Purr help  (Read 2604 times)

Offline bigbird

• Longbeard
Purr help
« on: April 26, 2020, 08:34:40 PM »
I can flutter my lips and tongue but I wanna try to learn how to flutter or vibrate my uvula. I can gargle water but without any water that dude doesn’t do much except hang there or go all the way forward when I huff. Does anyone have any good tips that they used to learn how to make that gargle sound ?

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Purr help
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 04:41:19 PM »
I can get the uvula going really well but am not the greatest at purring regardless. I am close to useless fluttering my lips. I would guess you are trying to do it to hard, it should not go up and over your tongue at all, if so you are breathing to hard I would think.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline mtns2hunt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 07:44:41 PM »
uvula? I know the anatomy but did not realize it played a part in purring. I learned to purr by fluttering my lips and it sounded good. Then one day I was purring and realized I was fluttering my tounge and the purr sounded much better. Scott Elis has a video or two out on purring. You can find him on you tube.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 07:55:23 PM »
uvula? I know the anatomy but did not realize it played a part in purring. I learned to purr by fluttering my lips and it sounded good. Then one day I was purring and realized I was fluttering my tounge and the purr sounded much better. Scott Elis has a video or two out on purring. You can find him on you tube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDI36-LToB4&t=6s
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."