OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fast Fire III and seeing the barrel

Started by dimecovers3, April 24, 2020, 10:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dimecovers3

Mounted a Speedbead Fast Fire III on a 26" 870 12 gauge.  I can see the entire barrel and not liking it.  I realize it's nice to be able to see the mid and front beads if the sight fails, but it's really odd that the red dot is significantly above the bead more than a little after centering the pattern at the range with the sight. Makes me think the sight is off even though it's not.  But more than that I'd like to just see the bead and nothing of the gun.  Does anybody make a low profile red dot with just enough magnification to eliminate seeing the barrel?  Not sure what the minimum magnification would be to eliminate that. Do you see the barrel if you drill and tap the receiver and use the Sumtoy mount or is it the same deal.  I'm wondering if its because the speedbead mounts so low that I'm seeing the barrel.

USMC0331

Rib mount with venom. Sumtoy mount should work as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

dimecovers3

I know a rib mount is high enough but not sure the Sumtoy being lower might not accomplish it. I see the problem with a rib mount as getting a good cheek weld on a standard stock.

USMC0331

This one is on a 870 youth compact.

Moneyball11

Quote from: USMC0331 on April 24, 2020, 10:05:31 AM

Which rib mount did you use? I'm thinking about trying my venom on a Benelli rib if anyone has any suggestions.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DP42912

How far down the barrel is your sight thx.

USMC0331

3rd vent from receiver

PharmHunter

Your last sentence is indeed the answer to your question, in regards to the Speedbeed being where it is.  Even thought it doesn't really matter, I'd personally drill and tap the receiver and get a Sumtoy Mount or Marlin 336.

lunghit

Quote from: Moneyball11 on April 24, 2020, 11:44:46 AM

Which rib mount did you use? I'm thinking about trying my venom on a Benelli rib if anyone has any suggestions.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be using one of these mounts with a Trijicon RMR on my Benelli M1
https://meadowcreekmounts.com/
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

USMC0331

Meadow creek mounts

dzsmith

yes with a sumtoy mount or a marlin 336 mount you will be able to see a little bit of the barrel and the bead. It doesn't bother me, im focused on the dot.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."