OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

BUL and 870 w/ TSS 9's

Started by Oreegun, April 23, 2020, 05:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oreegun

Patterned a Benelli UL and 870 express with Federal TSS 9's.  The 870 is a full camo turkey model I bought last year.  I put Williams Slugger sites on it.  Still need to dial them in still with cheap loads the POA / POI.  The pattern with the 870 is with the Remington choke.  Not impressive at all (79 in 10'' circle at 40 yrds) but as stated I think the sites need some adjusting.

The BUL has a Sumtoy .562 choke and shot with Federal TSS 9's.  This patterned well enough to hunt with (213 in 10'' circle at 40 yrds)  This is what I will be using this year if I'm able to make it out later in May.

I do have a question regarding barrel polishing for my 870.  What method is the best?  I have checked out some YouTube videos but I'm curious what others have used on here.   I do have an Indian Creek .555 for it and I'm looking to get a .562 from Sumtoy.  Thank you for taking the time to read this, and any information regarding getting the Remington putting up better numbers. 

N2TRKYS

The cheap RSF choke in that 870 will give you a boring/predictable 280-300 in the 10" at 40 yds with a 1 5/8oz load of #9s. 

I never polish my barrels.  I just do a good cleaning with Rem oil and brush.  Works very well for me. 
83% of all statistics are made up.

Longshanks

Quote from: N2TRKYS on April 23, 2020, 06:33:02 PM
The cheap RSF choke in that 870 will give you a boring/predictable 280-300 in the 10" at 40 yds with a 1 5/8oz load of #9s. 

I never polish my barrels.  I just do a good cleaning with Rem oil and brush.  Works very well for me.