Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Who hunts a Neil Cost box, or........ ??

Started by Yoder409, April 21, 2020, 08:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

Just curious who actually is hunting with a $1K or $2K box call ??

Costs pop into everyone's mind first.  But others.......... original Gibson, Turkey in the Pines or 12-hole Lynch, Walt Winterbottom, Tom Turpin...........  ??
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Gog1015

I don't have any of the mentioned but I hunted a snakewood/wormy butternut Marlin Watkins fiddle the other day and I made sure I moved it to the side before it got smashed on the mad dash to the turkey after the shot!lol

vt35mag

Don't have one in that price range, but I would run it hunting if I did. Might not be often, but I'd do it. Closest I'd come is carrying two fiddleboxes at once.

Taking it might bring some good juju.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

callmakerman

Don't have any calls in that price range but do have a few Chisholm trough calls now and their begging to hunt. I will take one out this year as it sounds so good but will be very careful. I also have a 1986 DD Adams super slate that sounds fantastic. I want to hunt it in a bad way but Roger Parks says leave it home. He's fixed more of these than I have seen so I'll take his word for it. Don't want his next fix to be my call.

3bailey3

I would hunt one if I had it, I am over my crawling under fences!

DocHolliday

Not a box call, so there is some difference in regards to durability, but family (2 kids and Dad and me) we all carry Farmer's Woodwinds in the woods every hunt. He made them to be used.

Yoder409

Quote from: DocHolliday on April 22, 2020, 10:00:56 AM
Not a box call, so there is some difference in regards to durability, but family (2 kids and Dad and me) we all carry Farmer's Woodwinds in the woos every hunt. He made them to be used.

Good on all of you !!!   :icon_thumright:

That's some serious collectability walking around in the woods with you guys.

Likewise.............every call I listed in the OP was "made to be used".  Interesting that no one is owning up to actually USING one yet.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

3bailey3

someone send me a Cost and I will hunt it, and it is going to rain here in the am..

SinGin

I've hunted with a Dan Searcy call. About the most expensive one I've owned.

davisd9

If I had a Farmer trumpet and could run it then I would hunt that son of a gun!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: davisd9 on April 23, 2020, 03:20:54 PM
... and you'd let me borrow it, right?   ...right?   ;D

Yoder409

Quote from: 3bailey3 on April 22, 2020, 10:14:59 PM
someone send me a Cost and I will hunt it, and it is going to rain here in the am..

Anxious to see how many offers you get on this one................   ;D
PA elitist since 1979

davisd9

Quote from: Rapscallion Vermilion on April 23, 2020, 04:19:47 PM
Quote from: davisd9 on April 23, 2020, 03:20:54 PM
... and you'd let me borrow it, right?   ...right?   ;D

Absolutely!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Arrowhead

gaswamp

hunt my Frank cox trumpets, well one at a time. Almost bought a Neil cost box a couple of years ago for $750.  It was well used but did sound real good