OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Progress Report  (Read 3356 times)

Offline TrackeySauresRex

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
Re: Progress Report
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2020, 09:16:59 PM »
Getting out tomorrow. Still pumped ready to rock :you_rock:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2020, 12:54:37 AM »
Good luck Johnny!! Slay a biggun!!

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2020, 02:08:43 PM »
Any luck Trackey?

Offline TrackeySauresRex

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2020, 06:09:04 PM »
Any luck Trackey?

NG JimBo. Another great day out. Had em going really good off the roost. They were gobbling till 930. I thought they’d commit. But they had different plans. Weeks A,B,C tag soup. Week D is 2 weeks long and now it’s an all day hunt. I’ve never hunted after 12 before. I’m hoping to get To Pennsylvania, I need to get a different view. Still going hard.
Good luck and Stay Healthy All
Johnny

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2020, 11:46:53 PM »
I've had some good success in the afternoon. Get set up where they travel, put out a deke and call every 15 minutes. If you get one to gobble in the afternoon, you have an excellent chance of getting him to commit. Keep at 'em Johnny!!

Offline Twowithone

• Longbeard
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2020, 06:43:03 PM »
Had 1 gobblin his head off at me yesterday morning well either he didnt like my calling other gobblers have liked my calling and paid the price  ;D or a sneaky lil hen got in the way. :angry9: Were gonna go through some more crappy weather here for 6 days this weather is just insane yesterdays weather at daybreak was 32 degrees I was cold. Still pluggin though and hope to connect real soon here guys.  :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2020, 12:43:45 AM »
Keep after 'em brothers!!!

Offline Mountainburd

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2020, 07:01:42 AM »
My season closed out Saturday so I'm officially done, unless I get up to Pa for 1 or 2 more days.  I've never hunted as much as I did this year, though many mornings were only quick roost hunts for the first hour or less.  With the exception of a couple of mornings, the birds never really gobbled here at all in the last 2 weeks.  If I didn't know my woods and turkey numbers you would have thought there were no birds at all.  I walked 3-7 miles a day on the days I could hunt longer and never really got into any late morning action.  My best timeframe was 7-9 am this season.  So strange.

I would estimate in the 20 plus mornings I've hunted this season, that the turkeys only gobbled good on the roost 3 of them.  Many of those mornings I heard nothing.  The first week was the best which was April 11-18.

Since 2017 things have really changed.  Turkeys gobble WAY less, and almost never roost in the same area.  Very difficult to pattern.  I used to be able to make them gobble with owl hooting 3-5 evenings a season at dark-this year, only once.  Oh well.  I had a blast as always.

Good luck to those still chasing.

Offline Twowithone

• Longbeard
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2020, 09:06:37 AM »
Roosting in my area is the same spot of woods less turkeys but and I dont want to make this an excuse for myself but with yotes galore and now Ive got a pair of Great Horned Owls nesting in my woods this isnt good.Yesterday talking to the local turkey guys they have said turkey sightings and everything associated with them are out of whack.    :firefighter:

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2020, 09:38:09 PM »
Definitely weird where I hunt in SC also. Less bird sightings, less gobbles, and less response to calling. Seems like it was an odd season across much of the country. Hopefully this won't be the new norm.

Offline TrackeySauresRex

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2020, 11:12:19 AM »
Well it looks like everyone is doin pretty much the same. I had some great hunts. However, the same results. Coyotes did me in in PA. Nothing much more I can do, except keep at it. I will be out a few more times and have put some serious time in as well, more then I have in along time.  Staying positive and always having fun. :^)
More to follow.
B-Well All
Johnny

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2020, 10:51:19 PM »
Good luck and stay safe Johnny!!

Offline Will

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2020, 07:48:27 AM »
Definitely a very strange year. I don’t think this cooler weather was very helpful either

Offline Twowithone

• Longbeard
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2020, 08:55:38 AM »
Its been a downpour all morning here in Pgh. Pa. :TrainWreck1: