OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Kent Cartridge TK7 Penetrator Ammunition, 20 Gauge, 3", #7 Shot  (Read 5429 times)

Offline TrackeySauresRex

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
Re: Kent Cartridge TK7 Penetrator Ammunition, 20 Gauge, 3", #7 Shot
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2020, 09:21:42 PM »
HK.. That was a dead bird. I think ya may want to shoot a big piece of paper. This way you can tell what the rest of the pattern looks like. Good luck and happy hunting.
Johnny
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2020, 09:30:35 PM »
HK.. That was a dead bird. I think ya may want to shoot a big piece of paper. This way you can tell what the rest of the pattern looks like. Good luck and happy hunting.
Johnny
I had it on cardboard,I just didn't keep the cardboard as i didn't feel like bringing it home from my camp.I just grabbed the paper and took pics quick.I agree dead bird. Pattern was the same a few small openings but he was not going anywhere.Good luck and happy hunting as well.
Browning'....“The Best There Is”

Austin 3:16...........

Offline TrackeySauresRex

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2020, 09:34:28 PM »
Johnny
I had it on cardboard,I just didn't keep the cardboard as i didn't feel like bringing it home from my camp.I just grabbed the paper and took pics quick.I agree dead bird. Pattern was the same a few small openings but he was not going anywhere.Good luck and happy hunting as well.

For me the H-13 is patchy as well with small openings. Contractor paper works nice to shoot at.
B-Well

Offline TrackeySauresRex

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2020, 10:12:04 PM »
Johnny

For me the H-13 is patchy as well with small openings. Contractor paper works nice to shoot at.
B-Well

An old HW pattern
https://imgur.com/a/PnZJJob

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2020, 12:10:23 PM »
I'll have to try that,I was using pallet sized cardboard that I had been stockpiling the last few years but my good friend took a job burning dead bodies at a funeral home after 15 years so I am unable to get more cardboard at the present time.I am down to 2-3 that I will use up in the next few weeks.Thanks for the heads up.

Offline captpete

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2020, 10:00:52 AM »
I'll have to try that,I was using pallet sized cardboard that I had been stockpiling the last few years but my good friend took a job burning dead bodies at a funeral home after 15 years so I am unable to get more cardboard at the present time.I am down to 2-3 that I will use up in the next few weeks.Thanks for the heads up.

Those pallet sized pieces of cardboard are what I use for my patterning board. I zip-tie the cardboard to a couple of electric fence posts. Then I attach a 3'X3' piece of painters paper to it with thumbtacks, draw a dot on the paper and fire away. I just replace the paper with each shot so I can see the whole pattern. The cardboard will take a lot of shots before it needs to be replaced. Most of the time one piece of cardboard will last a whole patterning session.

Offline willy9889

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2020, 07:51:35 PM »
I have a ton of 20 gauges and lots of chokes.I bet I can get it to shoot from a few setups.

Have at it.....not in the ammo business or affiliated with anyone that is,
just sharing my tests. I have spent far too much money testing choke/ammo combos.
In my gun it was very disappointing.....longbeards spanked its arse for 2/3 the money.
 For a little more money TSS puts twice as many pellets in the kill zone.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 08:02:10 PM by willy9889 »

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2020, 08:36:03 PM »
I am a fan of longbeard 5-6's in the 20 gauge,I also am a fan of tss #7 however,the kent tk7 shot pretty good so far through the one gun/choke combo I tested,the tss #7 is 20 dollars more per box of 5 and I agree it is hard to beat long beards 10 shell pricing but its only a few dollars cheaper or the same price around me. I am not brand loyal to any gun company or any shell company.My favorite shell hands down is the longbeards in 12 gauge 3.5" 5's,I am a lead shooter that has started to venture into other the last few years.

I understand that the kent tk7 shell is not going to out shoot the tss shells in most setups, however I like to try and test and it would get real boring shooting the same shells from every setup. I really like the longbeards and get excellent killing patterns at 40 yards but I already believe the kent tk7 is just as good for a killing pattern from the test I have done,the key is definitely finding the right setup for you, and your guns.

Offline willy9889

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2020, 03:20:51 PM »
 Thanks for the info!! Always fun to experiment!!
I have to admit I’m a little bitter spending $115 bucks
Getting 3 boxes shipped here when they shoot poorly
Out of my gun lol.
A good education is expensive!

Offline turkeykiller41

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2020, 08:45:33 PM »
So Heart break kid how many hits did you get in the 10" circle at 40 yds.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2020, 09:00:48 PM »
So Heart break kid how many hits did you get in the 10" circle at 40 yds.
I don't count pellets.I posted the picture of what I shot.I have never been into counting them.

Offline turkeykiller41

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2020, 09:06:09 PM »
Yea I saw the paper you posted I just couldn't tell much about your pattern the paper was so small.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2020, 09:31:54 PM »
It shoots high in my tc/.550 choke,It patterned above the paper on the cardboard the same as it did on it,I'm never going to waste my time counting pellets as I just am not into it as It does not affect my decision in the end.If I am confident with the amount of hits in the "kill zone" then that is all I am after.I am probably going to be testing it again next week sometime in 20 and 12 gauge,I am waiting for a few new guns to arrive before I go some evening and I will post what I shoot.I am hoping to have more time than I did last week.The target itself was  12" x 18" .

Offline turkeykiller41

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2020, 05:48:18 PM »
Yea I really don't care how many pellets as long as the pattern is even and no holes in pattern.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2020, 06:33:13 PM »
I had a good friend stop in earlier at my camp and ask if I had time to go and pattern a new gun he bought for his son and with the kent ammo.I never thought of getting pics of what his pattern looked like but with a mossberg 510 and I believe a carlsons .575.It was excellent out to 40ish.

I did however have my Weatherby sa-459 12 gauge with me and I had a box of the 12 gauge kent tk7 shells,I have this gun setup with 3" longbeard 6"s and It throws an awesome pattern with the undertaker .675, I ran one shell at 40 yards and It basically doubled hits in the kill zone,this choke likes this ammo.I will post what I have after I have dinner but I am gong to shoot these shells through that setup for sure,I bought the gun to shoot 3" tss but I found the shell/choke combo for sure.I am taking it in the morning for sure