OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Alternatives to Turkey Vest  (Read 6277 times)

Offline Gobbler428

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Spurs Up
Re: Alternatives to Turkey Vest
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2020, 08:02:37 PM »
I got one of her smaller ones this year to use with my turkey lounger and liked it so much I haven't warn my vest at all this year. I can carry everything I really need in the small one and don't miss or really need the other stuff.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2020, 08:09:24 PM »
I found this picture on my computer of some of her other things, again I am not sure if the prices are current. First is the minimalist Satchel second will be the full sized version.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 09:47:47 PM by Sir-diealot »
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline AppalachianHollers

• When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2020, 08:12:12 PM »
It’d be nice to not have to bring a backpack and a decoy bag, but put all that stuff into a satchel.
So far all my decoys are collapsible foam or inflatable, so a pair of hens would fit easily in the big one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2020, 08:21:07 PM »
It’d be nice to not have to bring a backpack and a decoy bag, but put all that stuff into a satchel.
So far all my decoys are collapsible foam or inflatable, so a pair of hens would fit easily in the big one.

I know I want to get a striker pouch from her, every time I get ready to buy from here something happens on my end, I was going to get one this month and my doc say I need to get tested for my meds, there went $100 for the visit and no striker roll up.  >:(
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2020, 08:58:17 PM »

That satchel he posted the pictures of is the smaller of her satchels , she makes one bigger , which is the one most people buy ..

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2020, 09:00:22 PM »

That satchel he posted the pictures of is the smaller of her satchels , she makes one bigger , which is the one most people buy ..
The picture does say that but I also just added that to the post as text, thanks for pointing it out.

John Koenig:

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2020, 09:18:13 PM »

The picture does say that but I also just added that to the post as text, thanks for pointing it out.
  I understand that , i just wanted him to know , she makes more than one ..

Offline AppalachianHollers

• When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2020, 12:34:27 PM »
This discussion reminded me I have an old woodland camo messenger bag I used to use daily in high school. It isn’t made for turkey hunting, but it just might do the trick with some small alterations. Used to have magnetic fasteners—might cut those off to reduce noise.

Online Old Timer

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2020, 01:10:48 PM »
I have 2 of the same satchel , and i will never use vest again.. that satchel is not near as hot as vest either.

Wouldn`t a vest be more comfortable? I use to carry a satchel but not one of hers. Might be a good option.

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2020, 10:23:05 PM »
I have 2 of the same satchel , and i will never use vest again.. that satchel is not near as hot as vest either.

Wouldn`t a vest be more comfortable? I use to carry a satchel but not one of hers. Might be a good option.
  It's a lot easier to deal with than a vest , it's not hot like a vest , with a vest , it's so hard finding the right one that fits. With Glenda Green satchel your getting a waterproof heavy duty satchel that's made in the USA.

Offline outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2020, 10:28:07 PM »
Is there another way to contact her I've tried twice through Facebook won't. acknowledge. Thanks
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Offline Ondavirg

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2020, 10:36:52 PM »
I picked one of these up this year and I won’t go back to the vest.  It holds everything I need.  Much lighter than a loaded vest plus it hold everything right where you need it, especially strikers and pot calls. 

https://www.mackspw.com/Avian-X-Rundown-Turkey-Sling-Pack?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6bzsxb346AIVDp6fCh0SjwZVEAQYASABEgIIMPD_BwE

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2020, 11:04:45 PM »
Is there another way to contact her I've tried twice through Facebook won't. acknowledge. Thanks
  Yes you can email her .. GreensCCH@yahoo.com

Online Vintage

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2020, 09:15:24 PM »
Do they have compartments and box call holders in them. What is her price.

Offline wchadw

• Longbeard
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2020, 09:37:01 PM »
Do they have compartments and box call holders in them. What is her price.
The large bag I have was $110? Or $120 including shipping

I has slot for 6 boxes (I use some for thermacell etc) around sides in middle zipped inside part and 5 pots and 10+ strikers on outside front and another zippered pocket in back for gloves facemask etc

It will hold a lot