OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hen Box

Started by thuber, April 18, 2020, 06:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3bailey3

I have heard that about the teak before but have only re chalked mine once, when I got it in the mail box it was close to 95 degrees and I brought it in the a nice air conditioned 70 degrees and it wouldn't play any! I wiped the rails down and re chalked, it still singing a year later!

sixbird

Quote from: shatcher on May 12, 2020, 08:24:02 PM
You'll have to re-chalk that teak more often for a while, until it cures out because it's oily.  Aside from that, it's a killer call.

That's generally true but, if that's the teak I think it is, it's old and pretty dry. You may not have to do that with that particular call.
Richard scores the underside of the lid on mostly all of his calls. What I like to do is take a new toothbrush and brush the grooves out before I rechalk. Not entirely necessary but you will get all of the old chalk out before you rechalk...

shatcher

Good advice.  I'll try that.

CMH

Really nice calls you got there. Been looking at hen box calls alot recently and want to get one eventually

thuber

Get yourself one....you won't be disappointed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bedge7767

Quote from: CMH on June 07, 2020, 08:52:05 PM
Really nice calls you got there. Been looking at hen box calls alot recently and want to get one eventually
I just got a Hudson. You won't be disappointed.
Jim

rakkin6

Just got my Fulkerson about a week or so ago.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

thuber

That's a beauty. Matt and Richard both build a great caller.

EZ

Quote from: thuber on June 10, 2020, 09:44:38 AM
That's a beauty. Matt and Richard both build a great caller.

And they are both great guys!

rakkin6

I have never talked to Richard before but everyone says he is a nice guy. I obviously have talked to Matt and he is a too notch man. Definitely getting another call from him.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

shatcher

rakkin, Richard's shop is very close to you if you're still at Campbell.  I'm guessing you'd enjoy that visit.

rakkin6

Yeah I am still at Fort Campbell. Where is he located

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

rakkin6

Just found it he lives right down the road from me. Is he on this site or does anyone have his contact info. Thanks

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

shatcher

davisd9

Quote from: rakkin6 on June 10, 2020, 04:04:35 PM
Just found it he lives right down the road from me. Is he on this site or does anyone have his contact info. Thanks

He is moving to Arkansas sometime if not already.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer