OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hen Box

Started by thuber, April 18, 2020, 06:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thuber

I just picked up these 3. A bit of a learning curve to running them but they have a lot of turkey in them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3bailey3

very nice, who made them.

thuber

Hudson and Fulkerson

doublespurs21

can you tell us the type of wood in those calls??

thuber

Top is Teak and Snakewood, middle is Mora and Walnut, and bottom is Ambrosia Maple and Honduran Rosewood.

Yoder409

VERY nice line-up !!!!!!!!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

sbbow

Congrats on some great calls

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Definite learning curve but worth it. Nice looking calls.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Hen's boxes have their on unique sounds , that do have a learning curve and in the heat of battle you can mess up. My suggestion is stick with one of each and learn the feel of the call and the way it likes played before playing the other ones. It's all about the feel and how it wants played.

thuber

The Fulkerson definitely plays easier than the Hudson's. Thanks for the advice!

Greg Massey

Quote from: thuber on April 19, 2020, 04:53:21 PM
The Fulkerson definitely plays easier than the Hudson's. Thanks fo the advice!

I feel right the opposite , i think the Hudson are easier to play with the narrow sound chamber.

tal

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 19, 2020, 03:33:50 PM
Hen's boxes have their on unique sounds , that do have a learning curve and in the heat of battle you can mess up. My suggestion is stick with one of each and learn the feel of the call and the way it likes played before playing the other ones. It's all about the feel and how it wants played.
I was all thumbs until I took this advice, helped me a lot. I've heard some play them that was impressive. I'm far from good on one but a Turpin is a versatile call. You have no need to look farther than what you're holding.

thuber

I think I'm going to wait for our Fall season to hunt them. Hopefully I'll get some practice in before then. I can hear several different birds in each caller.

Bridger

I really like the teak and snakewood, sweet calls.

shatcher

You'll have to re-chalk that teak more often for a while, until it cures out because it's oily.  Aside from that, it's a killer call.