turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tristar v2 bronze/ bottomland camo

Started by troy75, April 17, 2020, 10:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troy75

I received my tristar 20ga today. I mounted a vortex venom, I plan on using TSS #9. Does anyone have any pictures of the pattern with the factory turkey choke, and do you know the restriction of the factory extra full?  I thought about ordering a Carlson 555 or a IC, but was wanting some input.

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

BINK McCARTY

.562 all the way, either Indian creek or Sumtoy. The Carlson's long beard choke has been giving good results as well.Keep us in the loop and post those pattern pictures!!!

pseshooter300

Every where I check they are out of stock online
Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

wchadw

don't know about the 20 but i have the 410 and the factory "TKY" choke is not very good.

troy75

I tried the factory as well,I'm not very impressed either. I was gonna  order a .555, but am afraid of over choking.

troy75

I did put a lighter trigger spring in, it helped with the heavy trigger

Strutbuster91

Where did you get the lighter trigger spring? I have the same set up with a venom. I would definitely use a .562. I had a .555 IC and it was over choking it with apex 9s. Got the .562 and its good to go now.

Dewey_11

Shooting a sa-459 in 20 now and live it but I'm thinking about the g2. Let us know how you like it

afhunter1

I just got mine in the last few days.  My trigger was 9#.   I ordered a M*CARBO spring.  Hope to at least get it down to 5#.  I got a 562 in mine but haven't shot it yet.  My franchi with this choke shot a 352 at 40

Turkeytaker203

Hey Afhunter1
  You mentioned that you got a trigger spring kit from MCarbo for your Viper G2. I am interested in something like that and looked on their website, but did not see a kit for the Viper G2. Can you give more information on the kit you used. Thanks

troy75

Turkeytaker203

afhunter1

Put in the MCARBO spring tonight.   Went from 9# to 7#.  Guess I'm gonna have to send mine away too.