Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

20 ga Afinity users please step inside.....

Started by DUCKDIGGLER, April 14, 2020, 07:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUCKDIGGLER

Thanks guys! I will get one ordered up. I have a Sumtoy .570 on the way as well as a .575 and .585 Trulock. Much appreciated!  :z-guntootsmiley:

blazer29

Quote from: Ondavirg on April 14, 2020, 09:41:31 AM
Mine shoots POA.  My son killed his first turkey with federal tss 9s a few weeks ago using a primos tightwad choke.  I believe it's .575.  I wanted a tighter pattern so I got a sumtoy .562 and that will be my go to from now on.  The down side to the federal loads is the cycling issue.  They won't cycle in mine due to their overall length. I ordered some apex that are a good bit shorter.  Hopefully they will cycle like all the 3" duck loads my son put through it last year.  Other than the cycling issue I like the gun and will likely use it myself some.
Yes! My Franchi will not cycle the Federal 3" either! I went with the Apex, and Tungsten Super Slam Shot! The TSS shot shoots great, they both do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blazer29

Quote from: DUCKDIGGLER on April 14, 2020, 07:49:39 AM
Hi guys,

I am entertaining adding another 20 ga turkey gun to the stable and I am considering the Franchi Afinity compact. My question is what are you running for optic and mount on your gun? A picture or two of your current rig would be very much appreciated.

Did your gun shoot POA to POI?

Also.....any recommendations on chokes for running Federal TSS 3" #7s ( they are the finest shot size we allowed in CT)

Thank you all in advance. DD :OGturkeyhead:
I have a Burris FF3 with the Sumtoy Mount. I'm running a Sumtoy 562 with Apex 9's and Tungsten Super Slam 9's. I'm gonna be shooting the super slam TSS.
My sons weatherby loves the Apex Ninja 8.5. It's an insane pattern with a 555 IC

blazer29

Quote from: turkeyhunter91 on April 20, 2020, 08:31:40 PM
with my 26 in affinity and fed heavyweight 7s it will put around 136 pellets in a paper plate at 40 yards using a 575 Carlson. the heavyweight 7s are the only experience i have shootings 7s through it.i posted a 40 yard pic in the pattern pics i dont have any pics from 20 yards though.
That Carlsons throws a very nice even/open pattern! I wanna get one for my son, he's very tight at 40! Had a bird he killed with 2/3 pellets at 28 yards.

Gmed

Quote from: DUCKDIGGLER on April 20, 2020, 09:29:30 PM
Thanks guys! I will get one ordered up. I have a Sumtoy .570 on the way as well as a .575 and .585 Trulock. Much appreciated!  :z-guntootsmiley:

Duck...how did the .570 Sumtoy shoot in comparison to your .575? My Affinity is a little too hot with a .565 Jebs, and even the .570 Jebs pretty hot...

Jstocks

Mine was initially purchased as a standard stock, and I put a compact stock on it for my daughter. She shoot 1 3/8 oz Tss 9.5's with a Tightwad choke. When I use it, I shot a .582 undertaker and 1 5/8 tss 9's.

Initially I started out with an Indian Creek .555 but after several missed turkeys (using a Burris Ff2) I decided it was too tight to hunt with.